The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I'd like some opinions on styling!

Si_s Supe

Since owning my Supra, I've always planned on adding OEM skirts and spats to it and colour coding the OEM front lip as IMO, this is the best look for these cars. I've finally got the parts needed but am now in a bit of a dilemma! I've recently had several comments along the lines of 'cracking car, very clean...nice to see someone that's not added any nasty extras to it!' Now, I know the OEM gear is far from 'nasty', but it got me thinking!

Do I go with my original idea, or, just colour code the stock plastics IE bottoms of sills, arch plastics and front lip!?

Here's how the car currently looks for those that don't already know.

Your opinions will be appreciated muchly!!

Edited by Si_s Supe (see edit history)

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm quite surprised at the lack of support for the colour coded plastics route! Is there a reason for this that I should know about? As in do the plastics never go back on correctly after removal or something?

Westy, looking at your car, if anyone knows a good looking Supe it's you! Your's is sexual!

j_jza80, lowering is definitely on the cards! Looks like I'll be saving money on paint to towards suspension!

Dunk, wide body is not for me...or my pocket I'm afraid!

Same as everyone else for me too, mine's kitted but I'd love to own one like yours next. Needs lowered and the only other thing I would consider is a lip (maybe one of the rarer ones like an amuse) or active spoiler.

Lovely car bud :cool:

I'm quite surprised at the lack of support for the colour coded plastics route! Is there a reason for this that I should know about? As in do the plastics never go back on correctly after removal or something?

Westy, looking at your car, if anyone knows a good looking Supe it's you! Your's is sexual!

j_jza80, lowering is definitely on the cards! Looks like I'll be saving money on paint to towards suspension!

Dunk, wide body is not for me...or my pocket I'm afraid!

Paint your plastics and there is more paint to chip.lower your car and say hello to the speed bumps! i like to go over them,:)

I don't think there is a better look that OEM skirts and spats. Both my cars have looked similar (see garage). The great thing about these cars is the amount of changes you can make to them. I think that stock can be a bit boring but tasteful wheels and couple of tweeks and they can look a million dollars. Everyone to their own though..!!

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/9850/img2011091100032.jpg

http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/6701/img2011091100033.jpg

H.

I don't think there is a better look that OEM skirts and spats. Both my cars have looked similar (see garage).

H.

See now your white one, that's the exact look was going for with mine. Looks awesome to me!

I REALLY need to think about it. Might as well change my name to Mr Indecisive! Ha ha.

Hi Si , I personally would leave it as it is, maybe just lower it a bit, i had original skirts and spats on mine , the skirts made it look a bit fat if you know what i mean, looks much sleeker now, and i didnt like the spats much either, the only time i like them is when they are blended in, and guys ive seen this car in the flesh and shes beautiful. ps. you say that you have fitted hid kits before , do you fancy earning some extra pennies and fitting one for me in the not too distant future?

Edited by markylee
add on (see edit history)

I have gone through a couple of different kits and loads of looks, as it is now, I tried to make it look like something that Mr.T might of done.

I still like the stock look and in some ways wish I had stayed that way, would of saved me so many £'s and problems

With your's I would say go with a slight lowering, nothing major, so speed bumps don't become a headache and an active spoiler

Colour coding is a definate as it helps make it look lower as well

I like both looks with or without the OEM skirts and spats. Mine has got them but it wasn't a deciding factor in what look I was going for. If you keep it as it is then like it has been said lower it, as I've always thought the stock ride height without the skirts/spats looks a bit high.

If you fit the skirts and spats colour the code the front lip, that's my next to do job!

Cheers

some OEM side skirts would go nicely, maybe a diffuser if you wanted to jazz things up a bit?

i was considering getting a trial rear and removing the diffuser for something a bit different. but still unsure what to do :S

your friend's NA is set off well but the deeper rears, and apart from being a pre-facelift is pretty similiar.

grab yourself a carbon lip and i think the ride height would finish it off.

I don't think there is a better look that OEM skirts and spats. Both my cars have looked similar (see garage). The great thing about these cars is the amount of changes you can make to them. I think that stock can be a bit boring but tasteful wheels and couple of tweeks and they can look a million dollars. Everyone to their own though..!!

[/url]http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/9850/img2011091100032.jpg

http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/6701/img2011091100033.jpg

H.

Without doubt the best look for a Supra, OEM all the way.

Since owning my Supra, I've always planned on adding OEM skirts and spats to it and colour coding the OEM front lip as IMO, this is the best look for these cars. I've finally got the parts needed but am now in a bit of a dilemma! I've recently had several comments along the lines of 'cracking car, very clean...nice to see someone that's not added any nasty extras to it!' Now, I know the OEM gear is far from 'nasty', but it got me thinking!

Do I go with my original idea, or, just colour code the stock plastics IE bottoms of sills, arch plastics and front lip!?

Here's how the car currently looks for those that don't already know.

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u164/sipowell85/203439ca.jpg

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u164/sipowell85/751d72a2.jpg

Your opinions will be appreciated muchly!!

I like the stock look, but also into tasteful kits etc....

....my opinion with your car would be to lower it, quite a lot....stick some slightly more agressive/wider wheels, OEM skirts and get a big front lip splitter....bish bosh :D

Leave it totally alone, put some really nice suspension on it (mine.... :)) and enjoy. Front lip only, if you really MUST fiddle with the looks. 99% of "body kits" don't fit properly, make no means of using all the excellent front underbody ducting and flooring, and rub the bottoms of the doors starting rust off. Plus so many look comic book OTT.