The mkiv Supra Owners Club

UK head lamps

Terminator

9006 bulbs (aka HB4) in the Dipped beam

9005 (aka HB3) in the Main beam

I've got blue 55w bulbs in the Dipped and 100w blues in the Main beam (For Off Road Use Only)

EDIT, These are the ones I'm using.

http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/high_perf.htm

http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/hb3-4_bulbs.htm

They're bloody good for the money, especially the 100w ones.

I'm sure he means £30 for the set.

Phil, try to borrow some standard ones first. The UK beam pattern is far superior to that of the crappy JDM lights.

I tried some uprated bluey bulbs in my UK lights and in honesty, I found the standard ones to be better.

Although the bluey ones looked better :innocent:

Here's another place to get them, quick delivery.

http://www.powerbulbs.com/index.htm

I got some Phillips Premium 9006 for my 97 my facelift lights-dipped beam and they don't fit

The "O" ring on the boss should provide a snug fit, but was about 2mm too big.

The photo shows a 9006 bulb (not the actual one)

I had to remove the "O" ring and reduce the diameter of the boss, I refitted the "O" ring even though I had removed the groove that it used to sit in.

They fit okay but they definately aren't designed to fit the facelift dipped beam.

Next time I need some bulbs for the healights I'm going to go to Halfrauds and measure some first to make sure they fit!

I've got facelift headlights and just checked them, if you open the bonnet and look on the black plastic part above where the bulbs are located there are bulb codes moulded into the plastic. On the top the writing says 'Japan 12V 55W', 'USA HB4 12V', and then slightly lower down near the bulbs is marked '9006J' '9005J'

So the facelift low beam code is 9006J and the high beam is 9005J.

If someone could check a UK-spec and a pre-facelift j-spec hopefully they also have the bulb code marked on and we can get a definitive answer to what bulb fits which headlamp.

Has anybody tried fitting a j-spec bulb (with the smaller diameter body and locking tabs) in a UK-spec headlamp, do they fit?

So it seems both J-spec facelift and pre-facelift headlights are 9005J/9006J

We just need someone to check the UK headlights to confirm that they are definitely 9005/9006 (HB3/HB4 US bulb code.)

It would also be good to establish if the smaller 9005J/9006J will fit the UK headlamps.