The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New Way To Become a Member

Guest red94yj

Guest red94yj

I want to thank those who put this website/forum together, it is a great place.

I just wanted to say hello to everyone the proper way!

I am Brad.

I am currently living here in the UK for about another year, I am with the US Military and absolutely love England and the ppl.

The reason I am joining has a little crazy story behind it. Ive been in England for about a year and met a guy on the military base who had two FD RX-7's. I love the RX-7 so once I showed interest he offered to sell me one the cars his previous wife drove, so being that's its a car I have always wanted I jumped on the opportunity to own such a beautiful car. Well after working on it for a while and getting it going and looking nice, I learned I was being deployed to the Middle East for 6 months. So after receiving news of this I started prepping the car for storage. I had a friend look after the car while I was away(starting it twice a month). Well once i got to location he learned he was getting deployed, though not to the same location. So I had another friend just take the keys, and since it was so much trouble to crank the car, I only had him hold onto the keys. Well after 6 HOT months in the Middle East I returned home to my car!! I was so excited. First thing I noticed upon looking at the car was the headlights had been stolen!!! Well after looking inside I learned the entire car had been parted out and stripped. I was so disgusted, the instrument cluster, dash, rear seats, turbo and intercooler, and a mess of other parts. Absolutely terrible!

Well the insurance company has decided it is a total loss, so this is where I am currently sitting and have decided that I want a N/A Supra MK4.

So this is the reason for joining the forum, I am eager to learn all about the Supra, and yes I would love to own a turbo, but I cant really afford it and will be leaving in about a year so ill stick with a N/A.

I just wanted to share my story for joining and say hello to everyone and if you are in the Suffolk area Id love to hear from you to get some local help. Its always good to know ppl.

Thanks guys

-Brad

P.S. How do you select a custom avatar?

Howdy Brad and welcome.

Sorry to hear about your Rex - thats bad luck mate.

Yep, Unfortunately we have a few inbred people on this small island we call home. (lts bound to happen occasionally on a small island like this)

As it turns out, they may have done you a favour by pointing you towards the finest motor car god created.

The robin reliant. Opps wrong car club,.... na I'm joking. I'm of course talking about the mighty Supra.

Now,.. first question,... are you sure you want to buy the NA version. Don't get me wrong, its a fine and dandy car and I've owned one for many a fine year, but from a Rex it may be underpowered to what you've come accustom too.

I know the TTs are alittle more expensive,... but so what,... less hookers,... less booze and you soon save those few extra pounds (or dollars).

Enjoy your stay here in England and good luck with the hunt for a car.

Welcome to the club.

Welcome mate. Sad to hear abot the RX-7 they are beautiful cars.

Cant go wrong with a good NA. Bought my first one last week after 2 months of searching and love it.

Use the search button and u'll find everything you possibly need to know. Happy hunting :)