The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Rear wings

Guest Nigel

Hi all

I'm new to this site so not sure if this question has been asked but hear goes

I'm looking for a different rear wing for my tt

Can anyone tell me if it's possible to get the apr biplane wing used on the supra in the fast and furious film

Is there a better wing to have or is it down to personal opinion

Cheers

Nigel

Define better? If you mean one with better down force the only way you can go is for an adjustable wing. All the aftermarket wings are for show only and have no aerodynamic properties of any use. Choice of wing is completely up to you as everyone has their own preference and style choice. IF I really had to change I would go for a TRD wing or a do luck one but I prefer my stock spoiler as it complements the car better or you can go spoilerless but it ruins the car IMO. A picture of your car would help, what other parts have you get i.e. spats, skirts, bumpers

Edited by Tyson (see edit history)

Just for show really I've always liked the bi plane wing but carnt find one

I also like the veilside one but carnt get a gd one other than new

Car just wouldn't look right without a wing

Please don't fit the failside wing to your car, or for that matter the chargespeed thing.

I disagree that all the wings are simply for show, the TRD blade has a proper wing profile along

with a few others and is adjustable so at decent speed will create x amount of downforce.

Be carefull buying cheap carbon fibre

Can anyone tell me if it's possible to get the apr biplane wing used on the supra in the fast and furious film

I fitted one of these to the car over the weekend. I bought it from a fellow member for what can only be described as a pittance.:D I'm very happy with it.

My point is they come up for sale from time to time and as they were a universal wing there should be plenty of them about on other marques.

Please don't fit the failside wing to your car, or for that matter the chargespeed thing.

I disagree that all the wings are simply for show, the TRD blade has a proper wing profile along

with a few others and is adjustable so at decent speed will create x amount of downforce.

Be carefull buying cheap carbon fibre

I stand corrected Dunk, I have never seen any published figures for it so assumed that it had no real benefit.

I stand corrected Dunk, I have never seen any published figures for it so assumed that it had no real benefit.

I doubt anyone tests them in a wind tunnel as it would cost too much but if it has the correct profile and set at

a sensible angle then it will make downforce.

Thx for all the answers I'm in no rush as car is off the road as headgasket went

Will put some pics up when I get near a computer

Thx

Guys

I have an OE wing/spoiler forsale :)