The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Joint club Mile Event?

DARETT

With so many big power builds coming through in the next year, I think it seems right to try and organise a standing mile or similar event.

I understand that the Noise limitations are an issue, however I was thinking that we as a club join with the MLR/GTROC with the event they hold at RAF Marham?

They currently hold it as a 30-130 event, but I'm sure the runway is long enough for a standing mile event.

As the other two clubs have had alot of interest over the past few years the costs for us to join as a club may not be too much?

Anyhow it would be good if someone looked into it, we could line up some of the big power GTR's/Evo's with the supra's as well. Would make for a fun day...

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the event they don't check the cars noise unless they really have to. I.e running open exhausts etc

The limit is stated at 105 however they are very lenient and as long as the car is fitted with a true exhaust system they won't test it

They had a top speed event incorporated with the 30-130 a couple years ago, competitors included the late "Tweenie Rob" in his 1000bhp GTR, and that definitely was not below 105db!!

Their record is Ross W in his Evo 6 at 5.84.

You can start from below 30 as long as it's a rolling start.

So just flooring it from 5 mph is fine.

It's a 1.5mile straightway and everyone is free to Carry on after 130 to get a top speed.

They provide the vbox on the day to record the data etc.

Yeah i was just reading about the Rosssport evo via a google search for mlr results.

http://passionford.com/forum/general-car-related-discussion/344080-rosssport-apt-evo-smashes-mlr-30-130-a.html

certainly an event im well up for, if i can lay the power down i think i could do a good time.

With your nos hooked up it would be very quick, Surprise a few of the 4wd guys for sure.

If its 30-130 I'll have a go, I can do that in 1 gear !!!!

Lol, now that would definitely be a new record! Norris timed his 30-130 during a 1/4 mile run at the pod. It was 4.56.

with yours going around 170 in 7 seconds, no-one else would stand a chance!!

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Jamie,

You have a couple of options: You'd be welcome to join the MLR and run on the Saturday, or alternatively book on the Sunday for the 'All Marque' day . . . up to you entirely

Im just waiting for a reply on what day will be best for getting the most runs and im booking up, anyone joining me?