The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Engine Bay Cleaning

Slam

Right i decided to have a go at cleaning my engine bay today,hoping to get to polish the black painted area's,& plastic's ect. My fist problem is somone had sprayed some sort of engine laquar around the hole bay.which has left a hard layer over everything:eyebrows: Can anyone advise on how to remove,as i was scraping the skin with a bit of plastic, this was stressfull[ANGRY][/ANGRY] Help from the valleters would be greatfull.

It always takes time to clean under the hood properly, but that stuff looked nasty to remove, looks like your getting there though :thumbs:

I will proberbly spend most of tomorrow doing mine as I have not touched it since before all the bodywork was done. So there loads of rub down dust and crap every where under there:taped:

Sorry for a late reply to your pm mate, its been a manic w'end. Looks like you are making good progress :thumbs: Doing an engine bay isnt always simple when you see what some people have applied in the past to protect things. The wax that Subaru normally apply is awful stuff, yes it does the job but looks blimin naff. I would keep going as you are and follow it up with a good scrub of warm water, all purpose cleaner and an angine and machine cleaner with brushes. Finally dress everything whilst its still wet with some aerospace 303. As you are NA just take care not to get water when rinsing around the cam valleys where the plugs sit.

Sorry for a late reply to your pm mate, its been a manic w'end. Looks like you are making good progress :thumbs: Doing an engine bay isnt always simple when you see what some people have applied in the past to protect things. The wax that Subaru normally apply is awful stuff, yes it does the job but looks blimin naff. I would keep going as you are and follow it up with a good scrub of warm water, all purpose cleaner and an angine and machine cleaner with brushes. Finally dress everything whilst its still wet with some aerospace 303. As you are NA just take care not to get water when rinsing around the cam valleys where the plugs sit.

Thanks for your reply.