The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Coolent Level Low?!

Purity14

After driving about today I checked my oil, and just on the off chance I decided to look in the expansion bottle and it was empty?

With the engine being hot I thought that was weird as water expands, so I went back and looked in the rad when it was cold and it wasnt full to the neck thats for certain!

Now, I know this could be because of the Rad Cap of which ill replace asap.

Sold my run around a week ago, and had my motorbike stolen this morning, so ill obviously need to drive to toyota to get some coolent and a rad-cap.

Should I drive it as it is, or fill it with regular antifreeze for now? I wouldnt dream of putting water in it - dont worry :D

Do toyota stock the red coolent?

Just top it up with water for now, then see if there's a leak. Fix it if you find one, if not get your antifreeze and drain some coolant off and top up with neat antifreeze. No point in wasting antifreeze in a leaking system. Only worry is if coolant strength becomes very weak and we get a big freeze, but forecast is mild for the weekend. Don't waste your money on the red stuff, just buy any branded neat ethylene glycol antifreeze, whatever is cheapest.