The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bedding in the clutch...

black_widow87

There is nothing to bed in once the pressure plate has the clutch plate clamped there is no friction or heat unless the clutch slips which with a brand new clutch you would like to think not . Just drive the car and enjoy it the clutch will be fine . After fitting yours i think that is the clutch for me , once igo single . Rich.

I have found instructions that say 'allow 500mile break in' but that seems an awfully long time to wait to use something as it is meant to be used.

Try the carbonetics twin plate then chap!..instructions state 1000 miles run in then all kinds of strange prep just to give a hard launch!..By the time you do what the instructions say for hard launches you've lost the drag race! lol