The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Toyota Microcat Live?

Chris Wilson

AFAIK it's the current Toyota front end for all the parts listings. It looks a nightmare to load as it has been hacked to run without a network link to Toyota. It also eats gigabytes of disk space, but I will have a go at loading it. I fear the worst though if I try and load it to a different drive than C: where I have insufficient space. It looks pretty, anyway ;) I want access to all the Lexus stuff otherwise I wouldn't bother.

There's a gotcha I have just found, it will only run with the PC date set to November 2008. I was hoping once the prog had been run once it would be happy with me resetting to the real datem but it barfs and says it's out of date.... Can you write a batch file to change the date under XP and somehow add it to a programme's start menu, or even just have it as a desktop icon? They didn't mention this little facet about the application...

I have found once it's running you can change to today's date, and it seems happy to switch through the menus. Maybe it will have to stay running in the background, I wonder how much resources it uses?

Edited by Chris Wilson (see edit history)

Meh, 6.8Mbit through the Sensation - with a small tweak! (on Three)

I can't even make a call on the signal strength I have though. Not sure what the max is when the signal is good. The icon that comes up is "H+" if that means anything. I'm on T-Mobile though, I think it's widely accepted that 3 is the fastest available at the moment.

I can't even make a call on the signal strength I have though. Not sure what the max is when the signal is good. The icon that comes up is "H+" if that means anything. I'm on T-Mobile though, I think it's widely accepted that 3 is the fastest available at the moment.

Aye - anyways, back on topic. How about I get a copy and create a VMWare Appliance for this? No messing with time/date then

Chris a batch file to change the date to 2008 is very easy. Simply create a text file, call it 2008.bat and in the text put "Date 01/01/2008" (without the speech marks). Save it, then you can run it and check if your date has changed.

Changing it back is a little more difficult as it would need a stored variable in order to pull back the actual time. So changing back to the current date would need to be manual really. A nice easy way to do this would be to create a file called "Current.bat" and put "Date" as the content then save it. When you double click on it a command prompt will come up asking you to input the date you wish to set it to.

Job done.