The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New cross member

Dnk

I found some corrosion on the front cross member so decided to replace it, i also found some

weeping pipework (p/s pipes, autobox pipes etc) so im replacing that lot at the same time.

Old cross member is off and the new one is in, all done in under 4 hrs which includes removing

the headlights, front bumper, airbox, battery, intercooler + pipework, ac rad + pipes,

p/s cooler + pipes, water rad, gearbox cooler + pipes, front wheels & arch liners.

I shall post a few pics later of a good mornings work

I found some corrosion on the front cross member so decided to replace it, i also found some

weeping pipework (p/s pipes, autobox pipes etc) so im replacing that lot at the same time.

Old cross member is off and the new one is in, all done in under 4 hrs which includes removing

the headlights, front bumper, airbox, battery, intercooler + pipework, ac rad + pipes,

p/s cooler + pipes, water rad, gearbox cooler + pipes, front wheels & arch liners.

I shall post a few pics later of a good mornings work

Let m know when you want to earn some cash on the side in the near future :)

I used to but my business partner passed away a while ago and i had to close the workshop, this job

is being done at the race car team i used to work for a few years ago.

I could ask them if they'd be interested, usually they are too busy with race car prep etc but they had

a bit of time free so we attacked my car while they were quiet.

I used to but my business partner passed away a while ago and i had to close the workshop, this job

is being done at the race car team i used to work for a few years ago.

I could ask them if they'd be interested, usually they are too busy with race car prep etc but they had

a bit of time free so we attacked my car while they were quiet.

So you had help then,i just thought you was a fast worker :) and Josh landrover discoverys collapse inwards,not a supra

I was helping my mates as its their workshop, if you have a 2 post ramp and get on with it then taking all the

parts off is quite easy and doesn't take long

The cross member is spot welded in place with approx 13 spot

welds each side so with a new spotweld removing tool thats out in under an hour.

IThe cross member is spot welded in place with approx 13 spot welds .

Are we talking about the front steel cross member that the lower control arms attach to?

Did you paint the new one before you fitted it?

I removed the cross member last sunday, I've media blasted it . I'm painting this, the control arms, shocks and calipers with 2k epoxy primer followed by some 2k industrial enamel.

The smaller parts I've already powder coated with a diy kit that I bought.

Told you the legs wouldnt spring apart once removed :D

Just wanted to play safe :)

Thank you Doctor.

Indeed :)

All went very well today and we're just waiting on some new hoses and a new fan shroud then

we can pop the rad back in and finish her off :)

Also fitted new rear discs, pads and handbrake shoes.

Some pics from the day

dunks car 012.jpg

dunks car 013.jpg

dunks car 017.jpg

dunks car 021.jpg

dunks car 028.jpg

dunks car 029.jpg

dunks car 030.jpg

dunks car 033.jpg

dunks car 032.jpg

dunks car 024.jpg

dunks car 026.jpg