The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bit of wheel advice please

Suprakeith

Hi found set of wheels at last that want for my supra and they do um in 18 inch and 19 inch and was wondering what size is better, i am heading towards the 18 inch as want a fast road supra that handles very well and bin told that 19s compromise your comfort and handling but look better

all opinions wanted please

Ok here is picture of wheel make am intrested in

Driftbear has those I'm sure... You should check out his garage for pics.

they are the cheap ebay wheels.. i think around £350 for a set..

not bad looking at all but i have seen a lot of cars running them, if it were me i'd save up a little more and get something better.

if you want to keep the handling then get 18's over 19's.

they are the cheap ebay wheels.. i think around £350 for a set..

not bad looking at all but i have seen a lot of cars running them, if it were me i'd save up a little more and get something better.

if you want to keep the handling then get 18's over 19's.

Ultralite do a very similar looking wheel and are approximately double the cost of these, a fellow member has some and is having

problems with laquer peeling after very use timewise or milage wise

Ultralite do a very similar looking wheel and are approximately double the cost of these, a fellow member has some and is having

problems with laquer peeling after very use timewise or milage wise

£700 is still a budget wheel, so i'm not surprised that they are peeling.

Saying that, I ran £700 wheels for almost 4 years and they still look almost brand new.

I have no problem with these wheels, and if Craig says they hold up well then it's a damn good price. I have just found they are getting pretty common, for obvious reasons, so I'd maybe try and spend a little more to get something a little more original. :)

want a fast road supra that handles very well

If this is your aim I'd look at fitting a set of lightweight forged one piece 17" or 18" wheels. If you're on a budget, rather than buy a brand new set of a cheap wheels, I'd look at finding a set of good quality used wheels instead.

Have a read of THIS THREAD

its acase of being a ceafull parker . if you scraper them and brake the laquer, moisture can get under the laquer and it starts to peel. keep it seald air tigh and there should be no problem. also have your tyres fitted by someone who knows what they are doing , if thetake the extreme edge off or scrape inside the wheel you will not notice to look at but it will start the peel

If this is your aim I'd look at fitting a set of lightweight forged one piece 17" or 18" wheels. If you're on a budget, rather than buy a brand new set of a cheap wheels, I'd look at finding a set of good quality used wheels instead.

Have a read of THIS THREAD

Exactly what I done! Got a set of BBS RGR lightweight forged 1 piece alloys in 18"s off eBay! Steal!;)

Thanx for the advice so far chaps the wheels will cost 800 with tyres i know that quite cheap for wheels but just want set of better wheels as the standard ones that got at min are curbed to hell and are peeling big time,so am just after better set of wheels as still got alot of plans for supra that want done asap,then at some point in future will more than likely buy a very good set of wheels if that makes sense, am going to go for 18s i think