The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Crail Ultimate Street Car: Supra Spotted

Style

Guy I know went to Crail today for the Ultimate Street Car event and put a snap up on facebook of a black Supra. Had a low level spoiler and was running drag tyres by the looks of things.

attachment.php?attachmentid=140495&stc=1&d=1318787527

This belong to anyone on here? Gutted I never went now, only 40 minute drive away. Would've came over for a chat.

Crail Suo.jpg

Guest kenblockseal

Got to crail, weather was decent, decided to give it a go on the ET Drags, ( i got Tdr to take a picture of these after 2 runs to show this forum members realy howbad crails surface is, Im sur ehe will post it soon ) , Got to stage and the starter noticed my HKS BOV had worked lose i suspect it was when we refitted the front bumper during the night. so Had to bodge it up as the retaining circlip was missing.

Back into the queue and got to the start, done my burnout , Staged lights whent green, Wheel spin in first, then tankslappered, then 2nd and tank slappered, then 3rd and same again, got traction in 4th and ran a 12.8

Second run, i gave my mate who helps me with the car drive with TDR as a passenger, He got a decent start but sturggled with wheelspin, and went from 3rd gear to 6th gear and ran a 13.2

At this point one of the Crail staff aproached me and told me they were throwing me out of USSC for running full on slicks, So i changed to my ET Streets, Which were more grippy in crails surface, Got into the queue and the big ends went as i sat waiting, I was gutted to say the least.

Edited by kenblockseal (see edit history)

Sounds like you had a pretty bad day :( And you're right the surface is pretty pathetic. Seems as though all big power cars have trouble getting the power down at Crail. Wonder where all the money goes that people pay to get in!

Pretty gutting when the big ends went I bet! Least it wasnt half way down the strip then it would really have gone pear shaped!

Aye I was there to see Kenny run after the epic effort that went into the build - following various setbacks - to get it there. Absolutely gutted for Kenny and for Martin who'd poured his heart into the build too :( these are real enthusiasts who did all the build work themselves and deserved to see some glory come from it.

Crail's surface was indeed its usual piss poor standard with pottholes and loose stones everywhere - here's a pic of the ET slicks after the first 2 shakedown runs:

Hard work trying to launch on that amount of debris, regardless of the tyres.

Cheers,

Brian.

I was also at Crail a few weeks back, i hadn't been for quite a few years. It was a hovel back then, i thought that it might have been improved a bit with the money it takes at the gate. Man i was wrong. I wont be making that trip through again anytime soon.

Aye I was there to see Kenny run after the epic effort that went into the build - following various setbacks - to get it there. Absolutely gutted for Kenny and for Martin who'd poured his heart into the build too :( these are real enthusiasts who did all the build work themselves and deserved to see some glory come from it.

Crail's surface was indeed its usual piss poor standard with pottholes and loose stones everywhere - here's a pic of the ET slicks after the first 2 shakedown runs:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v728/tdr1980/Forum%20Stuff/4bfccff2.jpg

Hard work trying to launch on that amount of debris, regardless of the tyres.

Cheers,

Brian.

Didn't realise how much effort went on to the build to make it on time, hope everything gets sorted! Theres always next year too.

Looked for a project thread but couldn't find anything. Would love to see more of the car too.

Guest kenblockseal

As you wish jamie

When i bought the car from Gruggs in July, In its ramshackel state, I was told there was a few days of tidying to do to get it ready, When we seeen the state of the workmanship we decided to redo everything ourselves. Though i was assured the engine was perfect, I should have trusted my better judgement and stripped it down as i know better, But i was assured it was in good health and never bothered and concentrated on converting it to Manual and fixing all the faults.

3 Engines later after various failures ( I should have forged it properly, but due to having less than 2 weeks to get it mapped painted and raced i went for replacement engines) this was it yesterday at 6pm on the dyno in Falkirk.

1am this morning it looked like this -

4am we had this -

8am i had this -

Heres a few pics i took as i unloaded it from my truck back at my garage in disgust.

Guest kenblockseal

Weve done quicker colour changes lol, its easy when you have the facilities and a good oven, Needs flattened and pollished to bring the shine up, but for off the gun its pretty decent.

In the last week i think ive had less than 15 hours sleep so i was like a zombie today my reaction times were terriable.

Guest kenblockseal

We only took it to 525bhp@ 1.4 bar due to it being on stock internals and valvetrain, Aswell as the intake temp sensor not working correctly.

I just wish there had been more time for you Kenny so RyanG could have worked his magic not just on power but with getting all the safetys in place on the ECU as the Syvecs is an excellent bit of kit for keeping an engine together as well as for power and all the nice toys like traction and nitrous control. :(

I saw an orange R33 run a 10.46 so he was the big overall class competition, not sure who was running fastest in RWD class.

I just wish there had been more time for you Kenny so RyanG could have worked his magic not just on power but with getting all the safetys in place on the ECU as the Syvecs is an excellent bit of kit for keeping an engine together as well as for power and all the nice toys like traction and nitrous control. :(

I saw an orange R33 run a 10.46 so he was the big overall class competition, not sure who was running fastest in RWD class.

11.68 was the fastest RWD time of the day from a guy in an MR2. Not much competition other than that. Pontiac Trans Am was 2nd in the 13's. And that R33 is a pretty wicked machine. Running around the 700bhp mark iirc.