The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Brakes

robin

These http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300426631099&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:GB:1123#ht_752wt_1163 look like a reasonable deal for UK brakes. Has anyone used this guy or these parts before? Any better suggestions?

i've used them a couple of times before, they're ok to deal with and the discs I ordered came back fine. Never had a problem with the parts or the guy on the end of the phone, although that looks expensive for what it is as I would use toyota pads instead of the mintex stuff there.

I wouldn't buy them, you can get toyota OEM ones for that sort of price.

I thought that cannot be right, it's a few years since I bought discs and pads and they weren't that cheap, but I was proved wrong. :innocent:

I did a quick search and found a website for Pentagon Toyota were you can order online. :)

http://www.pentagontoyotaparts.co.uk

The search facility via import/other cars isn't working but you can enter the part numbers.

I thought that cannot be right, it's a few years since I bought discs and pads and they weren't that cheap, but I was proved wrong. :innocent:

I did a quick search and found a website for Pentagon Toyota were you can order online. :)

http://www.pentagontoyotaparts.co.uk

The search facility via import/other cars isn't working but you can enter the part numbers.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y122/rexmerckx/pentagontoyota.jpg

I have just bought these parts from Toyota and got the maximum discount they will

give you which is 20%

Aren't the prices above are plus vat

The figures above dont add up, the sub total is £307.44

Total without vat and delivery is £307.44

vat on the above is £61.48 = £368.93

plus delivery

My bill for my uk spec was

Front discs £46.21 each

Rear discs £51.25 each

Front pads £52.87

Rear pads £38.00

£285.79 + £57.16 vat = £342.95

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

You've got it wrong, the individual prices for each item above do include VAT. :)

The total price for everything including delivery is £319.44 , I went right through the checkout process to confirm this. :eyebrows:

If you agree will you edit your post as it might deter people from reading through the whole thread and read my post? :)

£50.26 including vat for one front disc.

Edited by merckx (see edit history)

Not wishing to be wrong :)

I just phoned them and the prices are as follows and are + vat which apart from the front pads

are the same i posted, the front pads are just under £5 cheaper.

Front discs £46.21 each

Rear discs £51.25 each

Front pads £47.94

Rear pads £38.00

They're obviously giving you different prices, you cannot dispute what it says on their website.:eyebrows:

It may not be a good idea for anyone to contact this Toyota dealer to tell them that their prices are too low compared to other dealers, unless you want them to possibly put them up and spoil it for anyone who does want to order brake discs and pads. :)

Pay less if you order them online. :eyebrows:

If you want to pay more then phone up. :Pling:

I ordered a sump plug washer for £1.08 to show that their prices do include VAT, the first pic does show this.

£1.08 + £1.20 delivery = £2.28