The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Recommend me a clutch and flywheel..

Lee_e

Hey guys.. need some help here. I really dont know alot about clutches and flywheels.

I recently purchased a UK 6 speed box with the UK diff :) ready for my conversion.. but me and dude have both agreed to get a new clutch and flywheel as its never good to trust a 2nd hand clutch. Im looking to go single in a about a year or so.. so want a good enough clutch and flywheel to cope with around 550-650 bhp.

What do we recommend.. ive been looking at pauls stuff on whifbitz and its all well and good .. but i dont know what im looking at haha :rolleyes:

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Lee

I would go with a compition clutch and flywheel. I have had RPS street max and had a lot of problems with engaging gears as the bite point is so low. I changed to a compieition clutch 6 puck. It can be grabby at times when in traffic but apart from that it's a good system.

soo would a stock flywheel and clutch be ok for 5-600 bhp ? all very good advice.. anybody have links,prices or websites to look at other than whifbitz ?

thanks boys

Clutch - no, flywheel - I don't know. But some aftermarket clutches such as competition only work with there own flywheels.

Had RPS street max in my old TT and lightweight flywheel. Worked well and never had a problem, RPS was rated at 600 lbs of torque, clutch was heavier. Wouldn't go near a paddle due to the grabby nature of them. Have a Carbonnetics twin plate in the my RX7 with GT4088 and it's taken all I've thrown at it, but the supra has more torque than an RX7.

If you need more than the Street Max can offer do the right thing and go twin plate they cost more but car will remain very similar clutch fell.