The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Churchill or Tesco

qaisar

I am with Tescos, bit crap in sending out the right docs and chased me for a CAT1 alarm for my second car even though I didn't need one

you pays your money you gets your service, I can put up with them being a bit crap on the old admin as they were cheap

My finacee was with Tesco, and sadly had an accident and the car (an FTO) was a write off. They offered a derisory amount for it to be repalced (£6600 - it was bought for £8500 two months earlier) and then took even more money off her from the payout amount (however I cant recall why off the top of my head). They were "okay", but thats just our experience with them, and it was 2 years ago. Subsequent insurance quotes from them skyrocketed into the £4000 mark.

Churchill are our current undewriter on a policy we have with Budget, and we have had to use them to get the car repaired as I had a smash the other week. Took a week to get the car in for repair and a courtesy car (which someone ploughed into on Tuesday, but thats another story!!). which I thought was very good going. Most helpful too.

I know this probably isnt much help but thats the expieriences we've had with both groups.

I am still with Tesco after 3 years but ONLY because they were a fair bit cheaper for me.

When some pissed **** drove into my parked mr2 (my black one), they were next to useless sorting it out. I had to phone them loads to get anywhere. They didnt seem to care. They lost the first 2 faxed quotes. Didnt bother to inform me they had been lost. Then didnt bother to inform me it had been rejected etc.....

Too much work.

I give them 5/10.

Ours with Norwich Union Direct

driver 28 female smoker full protected no claims license 1993 clean no accidents or claims

named driver 32 male full protected no claims on 2 other vehicles license 1993 clean no accidents or claims

car 1993 SZ NA import value set at £8500

mods to include aftermarket exhaust no real power gains and full leather interior disclosed.

price £670 ish with glass legal and protected

Guys,

i'm with Elephant. TBH, they were the cheapest quote 2 years in a row. Not sure if they will be this year, as I had to make a claim as some kind soul, tried to have my stereo away. it took them 8 days from start to finish to get it all sorted.

Cheers