The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Syvecs Pre Boost Nitrous Control (2Bartuning)

JamieP

Just thought Id mention just how amazing this is, I used it for the first time on the street today, the way Ryan has this set up via the syvecs is just superb, anyone with a decent size turbo should consider this setup.

It uses the smallest amount of nitrous and makes my 76mm turbo spool so fast it feels like a 60mm turbo.

From what I could gather it works on a few things, The nitrous is activated on throttle position, when manifold pressure is above atmospheric, when tps is over 70% and when rpm is over 2800rpm, The Nitrous then turns off as soon as the car hits 1.5 bar (full boost is 2.2bar) but not instantly, the Syvecs reduces duty slowly as boost rises so you don't feel a cut in power, snatch the next gear and it all happens again in a split second.

Ryan did a few tweaks on the car today remotely from the comfort of his home, I then had to go out and test the car so he could check the logs when i got back, I can honestly say it was the drive of my life, crazy spool time and huge power, I have the activate button right next to my gear stick, it reminds me of knightrider/kit, its like having a turboboost button:D Press the button and you are on boost that insant.

Cant thank Ryan enough for the work he has done on my car, amazing setup, he was talking me through the logs today, I didn't even realise about all the safety features himself and Lee have put in place, The syvecs monitors just about everything, Oil temp, Oil pressure, fuel pressure, knock control etc, I'm sure Ryan can tell you more about the safety features.

Next week we are doubling the jet size on the pre boost nitrous, I'm looking forward to that.:cool:

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)

Wow, must be a tricky thing to map, sounds like he may have it sussed..

really that much difference?

what happens in 5/6th on a low rev pull?

you have a dyno session planned?

In the lower gears its amazing, instant boost, 5/6th low rev pull its just picks up a bit quicker, its as you would imagine an extra 50bhp off boost to be, full boost hits in about 1000rpm quicker from what i can tell. next week we are changing to 100bhp jets so the high gear/low rpm pickup will be even quicker.

Im waiting for some firmware upgrades before we go back on the dyno, should have them next week some time and plan to get back on the dyno before the end of the week, will do an overlay of with and without the nitrous pre boost.

Your car's just crying for a bigger turbo now :D

Its in hand ;)

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)

Yes, i used it at suprapod, it wont make a huge difference on the drag strip as i should be above 1.5bar for the best part of the run, it may kick in for the split second between gear changes.

Oh cool. Sounds pretty good. Can't wait to see what you do with the car over winter :)

Am liking the sound of that - where is it plumbed in Jamie? Have you gone one in each of the runners, or a single near the TB?

Im on a single shot kit next to the TB mate, direct port kit would be even better and i will upgrade to that with time, Forgot to mention Ryan is also going to have the Syvecs control my bottle warmer so i dont have to constanly keep an eye on the pressure which will be handy.

Im on a single shot kit next to the TB mate, direct port kit would be even better and i will upgrade to that with time, Forgot to mention Ryan is also going to have the Syvecs control my bottle warmer so i dont have to constanly keep an eye on the pressure which will be handy.

I'll have a closer look at this on the 5th if that's ok? :)

Wow, must be a tricky thing to map, sounds like he may have it sussed..

really that much difference?

what happens in 5/6th on a low rev pull?

you have a dyno session planned?

Old hat, daywalker had this in 2008, the Zex nitrous kit is available with a window switch to turn the nitrous off at X amount of boost, so when armed and YYY% throttle is seen at under XXX bosst the nitrous fire, like JP says its for a split second. I put up a post saying exactly this 2 years ago, Ryan has taken it one step further and refined it and controlled it with the Syvecs to make it more programmable and prob more fool proof.

nitrous instantly will spool the turbo and the usage from a 10 lb bottle is outstanding which is the normal prob with nitrous, where do you get the bottle filled, I have 2 kits to fit just on window switches and as darret says there is no need to worry about spool in the larger turbos.