The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Help!

Guest Fuppet

Sorry Guys,

You've probs heard this a thousand times before? Have just done a quick search but not found what I wanted.

I've just acquired a Supra and it needs a good coat of looking at. I'm in Chesterfield, Derbyshire......has anyone got any recommendations to have the mechanical side of things looked at?

:(

I'd amend the title of the thread might get more responses.

What needs looking over? Just a general check or something wrong? My wife is from Chesterfield and although you have quite a few garages I haven't used anyone in Chesterfield.

I'd amend the title of the thread might get more responses.

What needs looking over? Just a general check or something wrong? My wife is from Chesterfield and although you have quite a few garages I haven't used anyone in Chesterfield.

Thanks for the response...I'm open to better suggestions for thread titles, sorry I'm not very car repair orientated!

It's got the diagnostic light on. Also wants a good service and eradicating the creaks and groans!

Oops: Edit: Did you aquire it for free?

So if a Supra has a diagnostic light on, it ought to be scrapped? I'd rather it be restored to its former glory.

depends what light it is and what its doing (flashing etc).

Could be something serious... could be the handbrake sensor is stuck :p or anything inbetween.

That's what I thought. That's why I asked if anyone knew of a garage in the Chesterfield/Derbyshire region?

Take a picture of the dashboard with the light in question and describe as best you can exactly what the car is doing. The more info you can give us the better the chance we can help solve the problem. I am also in chesterfield, I use Brimington test center for all my cars as my dads mate owns the garage and he is a great mechanic but he hasn't worked on Supras before (apart from mine)but he will give it a look over and help if he can.

Hi, there's quite a few of us in Chesterfield. What do you mean about mechanical... Servicing? tuning?

When I bought mine I took it to Nobles on Chatsworth road to make sure the engine was set up right, they will also do any garage services, tracking and set up I'd recommend Wingerworth tyres. General servicing (oil/filter/brakes etc) is pretty straight forward for a DIY. I've also used AF tuning, again just off Chatsworth road, in the past and would use them again.

I'm sure some of the others will be able to give you better advice than me but there's a good start