The mkiv Supra Owners Club

which boost controller?

SUPRA GUY

Hi folks, I just wanted peoples opinions on which boost controller to use for my supra. i iike the turbosmart eboost2 controller as its 60mm and can fit in the dash for a clean look install, but i wanted to know if people think the Blitz sbc i colour boost controller is the better option to go for? Advice appreciated.

http://www.turbosmartonline.com/index.php?id=652

http://www.blitz-uk.co.uk/ProductItem-314.aspx

Thanks

Never heard of turbosmart but it works similarly to the SARD trigger by the looks of it. I really liked the way the trigger worked but as turbosmart is an unknown name to me I would probably steer clear.

Regardless the Blitz iColour is a far superior bit of kit. It's the best boost gauge on the market IMO and the features it has are 2nd to none.

I would recommend getting it in black though, they look fantastic.

turbosmart is an australian company and i've seen lots of reviews on the products and interviews with the guys that started the company and i think id trust their stuff. its not XS power quality, one of the interviews i saw had a quick walk around on of their shop floors and the cnc equipment they were using was top notch stuff, really up to date. not old school CNC's that are pretty much fancy manual lathes.

ive not seen any bad reviews and i took a bit of interest in the company when i was bored. never say never though!

It depends how far you want to take the job to be honest. You could cut out an area in the dash for it and blend it in properly, or you can simply pop it into the armrest hidden out of sight.

I would probably just have it attached on the right hand side over the stock fan. It would look a little stuck on but if it was in black, it would look great IMO.

The advantage of the Blitz SBC i-color, is that it allows you to map the boost settings against rpm, throttle position, speed, etc. It takes a bit of setting up but once set it enables you to maximise boost through all gears. It also includes a gain feature which controls how the wastegate is opened, this can make a big difference to how quickly the turbos spool up.