The mkiv Supra Owners Club

have you ever felt ashamed to drive a supra?

preston7

I'd rather eat my own liver than be seen driving that!!

If I bought it, I'd knock £1500 off for a blow over and drive it straight to the paint shop. With a disposable seat cover and trade plates do people didn't think it was mine. And possibly a balaclava, just incase they did! Why do people do things like this to such lovely cars!?

Sent from my iPhone

This is why http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TOYOTA-SUPRA-3-0-AUTO-RARE-ONE-OFF-R-REG-FACE-LIFT-MODEL-MUST-SEEN-/230682751165?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item35b5c370bd I meen their are loads of tasteless supras and I thought no matter how many times I saw one I couldn't be put off but I think this has just pushed me over the edge :(

Come on mate its not that bad, its very 'individual' but nothing to get all sensitive and emotional about...

No amount of modifying that another owner can do to their Supra would make me feel ashamed to own a Supra myself. No-one on here, not even Mr G6, has made me feel ashamed. When I see hideously modified examples, I just have a little chuckle to myself and continue eating my cornflakes.

To be brutally frank, there's not much wrong with that car. While I wouldn't choose to paint my car like a national flag, I can understand having great pride in your home country and wanting to show everyone where you're from. The paint job seems to be reasonably decent, the car is in good condition otherwise, so what's the problem?

And, as Stevie has quite rightly pointed out, no chav or idiot in a Supra will ever make me feel ashamed to own mine. I own it because I love it.

To be brutally frank, there's not much wrong with that car. While I wouldn't choose to paint my car like a national flag, I can understand having great pride in your home country and wanting to show everyone where you're from. The paint job seems to be reasonably decent, the car is in good condition otherwise, so what's the problem?

I agree. It looks like a well looked after Supra regardless. Maybe he wanted to impress his girlfriends Turkish parents? :D