The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Dyno Numbers, FWHP/RWHP/RHHP

JamieP

Now, Im the first to say a dyno is just a tool for mapping the car but i do find it interesting reading up on how they all compare power results.

After my thread on supraforums about the power I made with my car on a 76mm turbo i have been reading a lot of dyno threads, nobody seems to get near that power for the boost I was running on dynojet dynos, I know Ryan is a legend but can he really be that much better? maybe.

I know myself and others have claimed to add 15% to these rhhp figures to get the estimated fwhp, We all love the big power figures but Im not sure thats right anymore, I have a feeling these rhhp figures we are getting are infact closer to to fwhp than we think, unless somebody can show me different?

I found this an interesting thread, read post 20 where it compares dynojet to dynapack.

http://ls1tech.com/forums/dynamometer-results-comparisons/1339390-dynojet-dynomite-dyno-comparison-2011-cts-v-coupe.html

I have to say i think these rhhp numbers from dynapack/rototest are pretty much spot on flywheel figures.

Discuss :D

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You need to get yours on an engine dyno bud next time it's out or going back in.

I could not be bothered with the hassle tbh mate.

Glenn K has just had his car on abbey motorsport dyno and it was at SRR a week or 2 before. Would be interesting to see how different that was.

That will be good to see.

Intresting read that, and indicates what your saying is quite true. I should know but I don't, what are the dynos at srr and tdi?

SRR is a dyno dynamics rolling road, yanks call it the "heart breaker" :D http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?631290-PT7175-on-pump-meth-and-Q16-tuned-by-Ben-Phillips

TDI is a rototest which seems to be spot on with Dan's dynapack

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)

For a fair test yo u need a back to back hub dyno against a dynojet comparison

The dyno dynamics just won't hold the power. I've also witnessed a difference of 8% just depending on how the car was strapped down on the dyno dynamics.

Dyno cells also make a huge difference and the one you used at dan's place is really top class. That extraction setup he has there is a huge advantage over other places and must make a difference

Alot of the US places just have a fan in front of the car in the room, and don't had designated dyno cells like we use here

personally i think dans dyno is over reading -

or the WHP on the dyno is actually the FWHP.

what does other think ??

i really think another dyno day is in order.

i think jamies is more like 1100 and hodge is like 780 on another dyno.

still great results.

Its hard to say they over read or tar Dan with that brush, its been proven Dan's and TDI's dyno are almost spot in in there readings, Also Dan/TDI dont give fwhp readings, none of the hub dynos will give you a fwhp reading, us customers are converting the numbers.

But id say you are about right on the numbers, i think the rhhp numbers these dynos give out are pretty close to fwhp.

I'm 100% sure abbey's dynapack doesn't show fwhp.

They tune John bradshaw's drag car there Which was dyno'd on an engine dyno before it came into the UK.

How can they know? what was the hp difference and what losses did they use to work out they are right with his engine dyno results?

But id say you are about right on the numbers, i think the rhhp numbers these dynos give out are pretty close to fwhp.

am pretty sure they are and 1100 or 780 , it is no slouch.. i mean hodge is still on stock pistons a real 900 plus on stock pistons.(normally wont last 5 mins).

higher figures always look good, i took my r35 to a so called heartbreaker dyno and made 1011 the americans were saying i would make that in whp giving me almost 1200 fwhp (maybe in another dyno) but decided to use the dyno dynamics even though the higher figs sound better.

but numbers are numbers the black dyno or these mile events are were the proofs in the pudding.

i have no doubt you will no doubt run a true 1300 and high 8s low 9s in 2012.

Just checked and the beams racing car made 1436 on the engine dyno.

It reads around 1200 at abbey on the dynapack

Also KDW made 1500whp on a dynojet and would have matched it on the dynapack had the dyno been able to measure that power.

Sounds about right but its so hard to compare especially when you are talking different dynos in different parts of the world, maybe im miles off, i dont know, pity your car had problems today, would have been nice to see how the two dynapack dynos compared.