The mkiv Supra Owners Club

looking to maybe get 350gt

k9l3

I think I going to have to sell the baby. (supra) or try sell it. and look at maybe 350gt as it still has 4 seats. I love my supra and know there no other car that will make me feel as good but unless I win the LOTTO I think I have to have somethin bit more sensible and I can use more daily.

girlfriend keeps talking about saving for house and stuff and I ain't on high pay so I think I need to do it. I think the day it goes if it does I will actually get tickle in the throat.

so think later if I bored i get it up on ebay.

Obviously I've not owned a Supra as yet but I've seen a lot of 'I miss my Supra!' threads on here. Could you not just buy a cheap runaround to keep your running costs down? I've got a VW Polo which is ace on fuel and pretty reliable. Just a thought?

Obviously I've not owned a Supra as yet but I've seen a lot of 'I miss my Supra!' threads on here. Could you not just buy a cheap runaround to keep your running costs down? I've got a VW Polo which is ace on fuel and pretty reliable. Just a thought?

Girls don't like being driven about in cheap run-arounds.

Princess will need you to buy a nice car to be chauffeured around in if she cant afford one herself.

Jeeze, get with the program. :rolleyes:

its not that because its a car with age I always think say the turbos go or something and so on I spend loads on this car as it is. I just bought a dash trim kit which cost 95 plus which I waiting to receive. the 300 on getting the Rad in and oil change and bits. I can't have 2 cars that's just a no no and my gf has a car already.

I just think it the smart thing to do not the right thing lol

Girls don't like being driven about in cheap run-arounds.

Princess will need you to buy a nice car to be chauffeured around in if she cant afford one herself.

Jeeze, get with the program. :rolleyes:

that is right but she has her own car so I ok there. :)

tI know the 350z will be same on juice etc but its newer with less miles. and things will proberly last bit longer for the supra its the age and stuff just feel like it be more sensible for me for now. I know nothing will compare to supra in my price range but what can I say. its shame because I love grey and was surprised I got 1 in that colour

*Sensible hat on*: Sell the supra and invest in a house. A 350Z or one in a fat suit, is no cheaper to run than a TT supra, so that idea is out as well.

*Off*: Get a 350Z roadster, she will love it and forget about all this expensive house buying nonsense. :)

your like the jackie chan of scotland!? :salute:

failing that you can always ask her to sell her car ;) lol!

tI know the 350z will be same on juice etc but its newer with less miles. and things will proberly last bit longer for the supra its the age and stuff just feel like it be more sensible for me for now. I know nothing will compare to supra in my price range but what can I say. its shame because I love grey and was surprised I got 1 in that colour

a car will cost a bomb no matter what garage you go to, avoid the cost& DIY ;) if this moron (me) can do a service etc im sure anyone can :D

my better half just booked her motor in for a service for £280 at evil vaxhaul just so she could get a stamp in her book. unfortunatley you could buy everything for easily under £150 lol! garages like to charge a pretty penny :(

but unfortunately i cant think of anything that will look good whilst helping you save :( ...can you cycle to work?might just be a case of saving where you can :)

Edited by -Welsh-Stealth- (see edit history)

a car will cost a bomb no matter what garage you go to, avoid the cost& DIY ;) if this moron (me) can do a service etc im sure anyone can :D

my better half just booked her motor in for a service for £280 at evil vaxhaul just so she could get a stamp in her book. unfortunatley you could buy everything for easily under £150 lol! garages like to charge a pretty penny :(

but unfortunately i cant think of anything that will look good whilst helping you save :( ...can you cycle to work?might just be a case of saving where you can :)

cycle what's that if it don't involve a car I don't wanna know . my works is 12 mile so no thanks. and I enjoy driving and I know a 350z will be same on gas but it still na so ain't got worry about turbo problems or nothing in future while saving for my house and I can still be in the jap crew :) I can do my own service so that don't bother me too much plus now I got you if anything lol do you know how to work on 350s

when you getting yours.

i have 2 cars, i used my 5 door diesel focus for eco-driving and then the supra for enjoyment-driving. you wont be saving running costs enough to warret selling your car IMO. get a cheap 5 door for a couple grand and keep the sup!!

will you still be my friends with a 350:(

....sell out...lol!

course mate ;) and honestly mate a cars a car ;) did you have lego as a kid?lol! mate honestly theres a few guides on here that can walk you and talk you through exactly what to do ;) its easy after you've done it once :) i used to be scared of touching my car mechanically because i thought if i did it would fly vertically in the air at a rapid rate of knotts & explode quite spectacularly...provided, my cars a shed...but its still here :D lol!

i think noz has a good idea :)

Edited by -Welsh-Stealth-
im not dislexic honest :P (see edit history)

I think I going to have to sell the baby. (supra) or try sell it. and look at maybe 350gt as it still has 4 seats. I love my supra and know there no other car that will make me feel as good but unless I win the LOTTO I think I have to have somethin bit more sensible and I can use more daily.

girlfriend keeps talking about saving for house and stuff and I ain't on high pay so I think I need to do it. I think the day it goes if it does I will actually get tickle in the throat.

so think later if I bored i get it up on ebay.

You want 4 seats and you are looking at the 350z? Dude they only have 2 seats! :D

I had a race with a 350z in my auto TT, the difference is mind blowing... I thought it would be at least able to keep up.

When he did finally catch up, he was asking how much work the engine has done... my reply... "Nothing, stock engine". :)

350GT will not be any cheaper to run or insure than a Supra, service parts are about the same, however anything else like a headlight unit will cost you £650, a bare door £1,000 door trim and glass another £1,000 which is why they get written off for small damage.

Performance wise they are 276bhp no slouch but not up to TT power, but now i am used to mine, it can be pretty satisfying, and in gear acceleration is pretty good, but it has no turbos so its never going to feel the same, similar ride and handling characteristic's to the Supra, but with a bit more refinement and comfort, along with four usable seats and a good size boot.

You want 4 seats and you are looking at the 350z? Dude they only have 2 seats! :D

I had a race with a 350z in my auto TT, the difference is mind blowing... I thought it would be at least able to keep up.

When he did finally catch up, he was asking how much work the engine has done... my reply... "Nothing, stock engine". :)

the speed Is what I will miss with the supra if I do sell. and I was looking at the 350gt with four seats. the skyline version.:)