The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hello again.....Going to check this supra out

Guest francisjoss

Guest francisjoss

Hi, Guys

Havent been on here in a few years....Think its time to finally get myself a supra

I currently drive a Golf V6 4Motion...and while i love the 4 motion, i fancy a change

I am going to see this car tomorrow night...I was wondering if any of you guys on here have seen this car or heard of the reg etc

She is currently being sold by a trader in Newtownabbey, Northern Irealnd

http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motorbikes/toyota-supra-3l-automatic-trade-in-welcome/89564931#gallery-item-full-2

Spoke to the seller, he tells me that there are 70K km on the clock, will be put through MOT on Tuesday coming and has had an oil change done etc etc

It a Automatic 1993 3.0L NA

Reg L41 HAA

Had my heart set on a manual, and eventually a TT, but funds after getting married are low, and i really just want to own a supra...not sure should i hold out for a TT or a Manual

I have never had or driven an Automatic car? you guys on here with Auto's how do you find the driving experience?

Thanks for any advice in advance and thanks for looking at the ad on gumtree

Cheers

Francis

I'm not buying into the 70km on the clock.

That's 43,000miles in 17 years 2500 miles per year?

Its been clocked, so don't focus on the mileage.

But its a nice car, for the price I guess, but you'd get an Manual for that price if you hold on.

I thought all imports came with low mileage, no rust, blah blah blah :D

my opinion is wait. if a manual is what you want, then you should wait.

i had my heart set on a manual as well, if you wait your see a good one pop up eventually. getting itchy feet to buy a car is always a difficult time, imagine if you settle for an auto and see a manual in a few months?

at least go and test drive it, some people really like auto's, and from what i've heard they are pretty good. but its all about choice. if someone wanted an auto but found a manual, id be saying the same thing.

same situation if you really want a TT you should save, as the cost to go NA-T isn't cheap.

NA autos are the hardest thing to sell on and I would test drive a few before taking the plunge. I have a TT auto it's a car for cruising and not getting all hot and bothered in the twisties IMO. I would hold out for an NA manual as they are lots of fun and controllable when you give it some beans.

I suppose it depends on what you actually want from a Supra.

H.

I'm not buying into the 70km on the clock.

That's 43,000miles in 17 years 2500 miles per year?

Its been clocked, so don't focus on the mileage.

But its a nice car, for the price I guess, but you'd get an Manual for that price if you hold on.

Completely agree.

I thought all imports came with low mileage, no rust, blah blah blah :D

:) - and yet people fall for that.