The mkiv Supra Owners Club

2jzgte engines for sale??

Graham1984

Apart from the sales on this forum where are the best places to source a full 2jzgte engine from for a na-tt conversion? I have used google for hours on end looking for na-t and na-tt and am trying to price up both sides so I know what I am in for and the one thing that stumps me is a safe and reliable site to buy a engine from lower mileage if possible.

Anyone that knows of places please give me a hand I live in west sussex but thought best to ask as so many people have gone down this route before.

Cheers guys.

I have a turbonator in my car...... watch out...........The other day I managed to fit a pack of cheese and ham slices in my boot at the same time... top that

I would definitely suggest buying from here. At least then you have SOME come back and the guys on here will generally help to solve any issues that occur. Buying elsewhere you run the risk of being told where to go and given absolutely no support.

Yeah after only being on this site for a short time I was leaning that way anyway as it has been a great source for any ideas I have good/bad and downright dumb. Its more the prices that I am trying to find out as I have put together a na-t kit (or so I think I have) minus getting it fitted and just wanted to have something to think about doing next year if possible and how readily available the engines are.

Yeah after only being on this site for a short time I was leaning that way anyway as it has been a great source for any ideas I have good/bad and downright dumb. Its more the prices that I am trying to find out as I have put together a na-t kit (or so I think I have) minus getting it fitted and just wanted to have something to think about doing next year if possible and how readily available the engines are.

If I were you, I'd get in touch with Keron - get a TT engine from him and get a quote for a transplant.

Then, you've a solid base for great power in the future, especially given your location and proximity to SRD.

Yeah I saw keron did TT transplants about £2500 all in if I remember right and from the traders section AFR tuning which is close by in horsham said about £600 and he thought an engine would be around £1500. I should of asked AFR if they would help source the engine but forgot to at the time but I still am tempted to see how much they or anyone will charge to fit a NA-T kit.

Choices choices it seams atm as I had a look on the NA-T club for info on TT or NA-T and it seams a lot of people were just arguing so it does not make my choice any easier as when people have good and bad experiences doing both they get stuck in their ways and therefore dont always give an honest open minded opinion. I am torn between the two when I can source the money (obviously) as I like my car it has done low miles but then I weigh that against the turbo kit I could prob afford fastest which is the xs power 1 which seams better now as the manifold looks braced now compared to before and possible cracks occurring...suprastore that piss me off or the TT road.......sighhhhh.... I think life was less stressful when I was a bus wanker and didn't have to make adult decisions.................. Thank god I have a turbonator after my airbox

Yeah I think you guys are right just seamed a shame to waste a Na engine with under 50k miles on it.

Total noob question but where is keron based as I live in midhurst west sussex and AFR are only in horsham but travelling is not an issue seeing as I drove to manchester just to have a look at a supra NA-T sadly auto tho then drove to derby and back on consecutive days just to get my beloved NA all the while paying for petrol for the cars with two on the way back and just to top it off my old man got the pleasure of driving it first due to my insurance not accepting a years no claims as it was one day early.......... Feel free to tell me how sad I am.

Yeah I think you guys are right just seamed a shame to waste a Na engine with under 50k miles on it.

Total noob question but where is keron based as I live in midhurst west sussex and AFR are only in horsham but travelling is not an issue seeing as I drove to manchester just to have a look at a supra NA-T sadly auto tho then drove to derby and back on consecutive days just to get my beloved NA all the while paying for petrol for the cars with two on the way back and just to top it off my old man got the pleasure of driving it first due to my insurance not accepting a years no claims as it was one day early.......... Feel free to tell me how sad I am.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/member.php?676-keron

Is it weird that after looking at yours and mitchell 9006's car pics it made my dick twitch............ and my brain go into a jealous meltdown???

I had the same feeling when hodge finished his and when i looked at other engine bays on the forum... so it gave me the motivation to try and build something like theres.

The engine bays and paintwork were absolute mint which I respect the effort and cost it takes to not only get there but maintain. I love having a look at others cars at places like donnigton park when they have car shows on and places like santa pod as when your car is nowhere near that quality even if you do not like things like paintwork and bodykits I love seeing other peoples idea's and visions to help further my own. I get ridiculed because I like to keep my car clean and will wash polish or wax it every weekend as I hate having a shitty car and its better in the long run if I look after it now. I even had shitty comments from the neighbours as I brought a car cover ( 1 that likes removing itself in high winds) to keep the unwanted crap off it especially cats clawing the paintwork, which frankly I wonder what the problem is with respecting and appreciating something I have wanted for ages and have now got albeit a Na it is in good condition for its age and seeing as even tho I am nearly 27 and only had a full licence 6months I don't need to be repairing crap other people or things cause ( I hate broken or damaged stuff) They park like twats and make life difficult so I park on the grass as far away as poss to avoid dents from them opening doors. I found my best way to get them all back was to remove the silencer and come back home at 3am on full song helps even the shit out.

Is it two much to ask for some to appreciate others things or rather than do a TT conversion should I just get an armed guard or garage built instead.... Does keron supply garages?

• 4 years later...