The mkiv Supra Owners Club

A/f harness for e-manage ultimate

FOSTA

Ok I'm wanting to run the aem wsideband with the e-manage. As I want to use the wideband instead of the stock lambda sensors. I have just bought a harness that plugs in to the emanage option port. It has 2 wires coming from it 1 white and 1 gray. The white wire is the signal wire but what do I do with the gray one? Has anybody connected there AEM wideband to there e-manage on here?

Thanks Jamie

You called LOL! TBH i will have to dig out my software and load it up to double check this, but as far as connection goes, i think i either earthed the black wire or left it not connected, but if i had to make a snap decision i would earth it.

From what i remember the self learn feature using a WB input is not all that, and i would simply leave the std lambda in place and let that take care of closed loop, unless your FI ing an N/A?

In any case the std ECU will come out of closed loop as soon as you hit positive boost, i presume your using the EMU pressure sensor? as this is the best thing to scale the maps by.

You called LOL! TBH i will have to dig out my software and load it up to double check this, but as far as connection goes, i think i either earthed the black wire or left it not connected, but if i had to make a snap decision i would earth it.

From what i remember the self learn feature using a WB input is not all that, and i would simply leave the std lambda in place and let that take care of closed loop, unless your FI ing an N/A?

In any case the std ECU will come out of closed loop as soon as you hit positive boost, i presume your using the EMU pressure sensor? as this is the best thing to scale the maps by.

Mate, did this just happen lol??? I'm freaked out now.

Thought you'd be the man to help.

hi mate lol. yeah mine is an N/A now N/A-T and yeah im using the greddy map sensor. im just having a few problems with the stock lambda sensors. for some reson i cant run both without the car hesitating and spluttering! so i have to run one sensor and join the 2 wires from the ecu harness to the one sensor. but for some reason the A/F reads fine from cold around 13.6 and within a minute around 14.4 but once warmed up it will cruise around 14.1-15.0 so seems spot on. but if i let it idle for a few minutes when warm it will slowly trail of to lean 16.4-17.0 :-( also if i turn the engine off and start it back up with in 45mins it will sound lumpy and the A/F reads --- then will slowly go up to the 17s. but as soon as i drive it it will go stright back up to the 14s? ive tried replacing the sensors and its just the same. so i thought it would be better to run the AEM WIDEBAND instead of the stock sensors as the stock sensors on an N/A dont have a heated element. would it be better to run the wideband instead? cheers

I guess you could try running the WB in place of the std sensors, and run the simulated NB output to the std ECU as you have with just the one std sensor, and see what happens.

I am not familiar with N/A ECU but i wonder if the reason it expects to see two NB inputs is because it averages out the signal, if that is the case then a single NB feed should be fine IMO.

It might be an idea to data log the injector DC/durations along with the AF and see what the ECU is doing,

Have you experimented with the injector lag settings, as from what i remember the EMU doesn't handle the setting very well, it took me a bit of tweaking to get it dialed in.

i havnt a clue with ecu's lol i had ryan G base map it for me so i wouldnt know how to do any of that lol. yeah i was hoping to run the wideband instead of the stock sensors. whats the simulated narrow band output? is it one of the wires from the wideband? cheers

• 2 months later...