The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Lumpy and mega over fuelling!!!!

Notts_TT

You may of seen a previous post with vid of my supra running rough and kicking black smoke out.

After a week of changing plugs and hunting for a solution I found the problem, the hose running from the map sensor to the t piece for the boost gauge was off, I plugged it back in and it stopped smoking, still idling a tad rough but I'm happier than before :D

It hasn't been on a run out for a year so I'm sure a good run will sort that, plus plugs are fouled due to over fuelling so that won't help idle will it ???

Thanks and the search button is my new best friend....

• 9 months later...

Hey

I got the same problem towards the end of the track day; to get home I bypassed the vacuum line from the map sensor goes between the intake and cam cover , loops down into a metal pipe which splits into two vacuum pipes near the rear firewall

Not too sure what they are for as she seems to run ok without it connected

Is it an intake off to get at the vacuum pipes, can touch them with my fingers but cannot feel any tears or loose