The mkiv Supra Owners Club

just bought the orange JPS drag supra shell

MONKEYmark

Just got round to buying leons old JPS orange drag supra shell with roll cage rated to 8.5 seconds.

Its going to be a long term plan getting it up and running.The shell with come both subframes, rear needs sorting needs arms and a LSD tt auto diff maybe a tt6.i have my 96 facelift with front end damage for spares but would love to try get it up and running and see if i can beat my old time on stock twins with stripped out and a bit of practice.

I have an open diff spare that came with my car but had it changed out to a tt auto LSD.Not sure if i would have skills to get it sorted but would be a learning curve and a blank canvas so to speak.

Been collecting parts over years

BL 74GTS turbo kit with 4" downpipe/midpipe

PHR stage 2 fuel kit with seimens 850 or 880cc injectors and some aditional rochester 960cc injectors

Th400 gearbox with reverse shift pattern and transbrake and 2 coolers (thanks Migster)

NOS brand nitrus kit and a bottle warmer

full set of brand new face lift lights

need the following when funds allow

radiator stock or aftermarket

fmic

brakes and suspension parts

If i try keep 2 projects goin,the drag shell will be the one for turbo kit and fuel kit.In the old car i have a stock box and 4000tc.would like to try build both.the orange shell would save a lot of time and money as my old car been stood years and needs lots of work.Going down to see leon tommorow he is a sound bloke too was chatting to him on phone earlier.his goal was to get a 6 second but cant see it been far away

will be collecting parts and see how i go as it will be a learning thing for me.cant wait to get into it.seeing if leon has any other parts while im there.

will get back into it again as i went off it all for a few years.seeing peoples projects can make you want something good too and should save some time with the full painted shell.not my colour bit in your face prefer white or stock 199 silver

will be collecting parts and see how i go as it will be a learning thing for me.cant wait to get into it.seeing if leon has any other parts while im there.

will get back into it again as i went off it all for a few years.seeing peoples projects can make you want something good too and should save some time with the full painted shell.not my colour bit in your face prefer white or stock 199 silver

Mine was a learning curve too, although i have built cars before and engines but the high performance side of things is a different world, but so much fun. Seriously the orange will grow on you especially when the sun pelts down on it. And a beasty looking car like that why go for a boring colour?

did you get a rolling shell? and what did you offer if you dont mind me asking? i see it on ebay for £1500 ono and was very much tempted myself

Just got back at 630 did a 348 mile round trip about 40 miles in my carina started over heating let it cool down and topped up and been fine all day only cost about £45 in fuel.

I seen it up on ebay for £2500 then it came down to £2000 so got it for £2000 he said he would deliver it for tht but did not realise how far i was away said if i pay deisel he can deliver it.

Think i going to get tow bar fitted and buy an A frame.

Was having second thoughts as side skirts have bit of damage and a few chips in paint and looks daunting project.

Going to give it a try.it has front subframe and hubs and arms

Also has rear subframe but needs top arms and hubs.also has steering rack and steerilg wheel all electrics.

Clocks and center console and stock petrol tank and stock spoiler in blue.

Could strip my other supra down will see what to do when i get home.

Might go back to stock look not into bling anymore

thanks guys love this club and will never want anything but a supra.just hope i can try get back into it one day.will keep collecting when funds allow.the orange supra will live again.be good to see if i can come up with any ideas.but starting from a blank canvas would be good project i hope.

will have to look into a fuel cell and battery box and maybe just go for the basic look.needs a bit of work but think the cage was a selling point for me.it has a swing out roll cage on door.also has fitting bar for a chute not that i would need and battery kill switch hole on rear bumper.

another big part sorted.need fmic and radiator and some brakes when funds allow.

took my spare set of stock wheels over today too.bit daunting but will look forward to it.