The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Ouch !

Dnk

Toyota really do know how to charge for some parts.

Im just collecting a few bits for my car and prefer to use genuine o/e parts.

Rear discs £51.25 each + vat

Rear pads £38.00 + vat

Rear hand brake shoes £44.12 + vat

Front crossmember £55.59 + vat

Oil cooler £336.29 + vat :blink:

Everything bar the cooler are priced quite well i think

I've found Goodridge coolers on merlin motorsports site for a 1/3 of the price so i think

i shall be using one of theirs

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

Its only the cooler price im supprised at, the rest i can live with.

The cooler is okay and not leaking but its fins are mullered and being 17 + yrs old i think

i'll replace it.

I have to strip the front of the car off to change the cross member so while the front bumper, rad, ac rad etc

are off i'll whip the cooler out along with the old pipework.

I thought i'd caught the surface rust in time on the cross member but on closer inspection while doing

an engine oil and filter change its got more rust on it, it could be patched up but i think replace it is

the way to go

If it makes you feel any better Dnk, I've just had a price of £10,300 to rebuild the engine on my 911.

I wish I'd stuck with Toyota :D :D

:blink:

Ouch, it doesn't make me feel any better mate, just glad i've not got a Porsche that needs an engine

feck mate, what happened

Cracked liner in Cylinder6 and a load of coolant got in, liquid doesn't compress very well :D

Totally buggered the engine, so have to go for a full rebuild :(

One of those things, but it's a bit of a kick in the balls.

Back on topic - yeah that oil cooler does seem very pricey Dnk, wonder if an aftermarket/uprated cooler would be any cheaper?

Would it not be worth buying a warrenteed second hand engine ?

I found coolers at merlin motorsport for 1/3 the price so think i'll be going with one of those

Struggled to even track down a second hand engine, the few companies I've found that will supply one, only warranty the engines for 30days. All in, the cheapest 2nd hand engine, fitted, with uprated intermediate shaft (a common failure point) came to circa £7500 (used Engine is £4500+VAT) alone. If there's an engine fault within that 30 days, I'd have to pay another £1000 to get it out, then another £1000 to put the replacement in. A rebuilt engine is guaranteed for 2 years/12,000 miles. Stupid German cars! They've got my pants down whatever I do :(

That's probably the route I would have taken too, £300 odd quid +VAT for an oil cooler just seems inflated and silly. Are the ones at Merlin a more efficient unit or just a like for like kind of thing?

I see your point regards the engine and good luck with it.

I've no idea how good the Goodridge coolers are but being Goodridge you'd like to think

they were up to the job.

I'll carry on searching coolers though and see what else is out there.

Cracked liner in Cylinder6 and a load of coolant got in, liquid doesn't compress very well :D

Totally buggered the engine, so have to go for a full rebuild :(

One of those things, but it's a bit of a kick in the balls.

Back on topic - yeah that oil cooler does seem very pricey Dnk, wonder if an aftermarket/uprated cooler would be any cheaper?

pretty much what happen to my JUN engine, never knew Porsche had liners ..