The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Long time Supra owner from Sussex new to club

Guest phoenix-30

Guest phoenix-30

Hi guys,

New to the club but not to Supra's having had several over the years. Previously imported an NA from Japan and currently have a UK spec TT. It took me years to find a tidy one and 12 months on I'm still chuffed. Perhaps not so when the suns out as she tends to go pink! Will be lacquered in the coming weeks to stop this. Bit late considering we probably won't see the sun for another 6 months but hey ho.

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask questions but it's what bought me here. I met a club member the other day - Eastbourne Tesco petrol station, about 10pm. I'm looking for someone locally (East Sussex area - Eastbourne/Uckfield/Brighton/Hastings) to take of my Supra's servicing requirements. Be great to hear from the chap who said he knew someone and to contact him through here. Equally the question is out there to anyone else - do you know a good local garage/person in my area?

Hopefully it is not a sin to say this but I'm a big Nissan Zed car nut too with a couple tucked away (as they're not quite so reliable!). Am I still welcome?! :)

suprac.jpg

Guest phoenix-30

Thank you everyone for your positive comments and recommendations. Great to see the club is so lively. Seems both AFR and SRD are equally matched. I tend to head west at least once a month so will check out AFR on my next passing. Looking at their site, they should be able to take care of Zed cars too.

Yes - I should have dropped the spoiler for the photos. Noticed that after getting home and putting the pics on the computer! Doh.

Not that I'll ever do anything about them but I can't decide if I like the horns (headlight washers). They distinguish its UK-ness but look a bit dated. Opinions?

Thank you everyone for your positive comments and recommendations. Great to see the club is so lively. Seems both AFR and SRD are equally matched. I tend to head west at least once a month so will check out AFR on my next passing. Looking at their site, they should be able to take care of Zed cars too.

Yes - I should have dropped the spoiler for the photos. Noticed that after getting home and putting the pics on the computer! Doh.

Not that I'll ever do anything about them but I can't decide if I like the horns (headlight washers). They distinguish its UK-ness but look a bit dated. Opinions?

i dont like the horns much either! but i cant bring myself to get them taken off!

008.jpg

Guest phoenix-30

My current TT Zed:

http://s4.postimage.org/5s4nm9z9k/zx03.jpg

This one is an import. It's perfect in that it's a bit scuffy cosmetically (so it doesn't need pampering and I'm not worried parking it up) but mechanically spot on. No major mods - air filter and uprated turbo's, otherwise stock. Goes like nothing I've ever driven and I have been lucky to drive some pretty quick motors. Some of the acceleration is probably the noise and driving position adding to the experience rather than actual propulsion. Still, best £1500 I've ever spent! And unlike my others has been spot on reliable for 3 years running. I have UK spec TT in storage that needs bodywork attending too. It was cheap, low mileage and I couldn't bear the thought of it being broken up. UK auto's are getting increasingly rare.

At the mo the only photo I have of a previous ZX is this one:

http://s4.postimage.org/y50lw41zj/zx1.jpg

Always wanted a yellow Zed - just like the publicity photo. Alas...she was a dog. The chap who took her on spent a good few quid on it and she was still a dog. And the chap after that sold it on after 3 weeks. Unsure of its whereabouts now but I don't wish to see it again!

My first ZX, and my first car in fact was a bright orange (Murcielago orange) non-turbo. H757 KDY. While we were on bad terms when I sold her, I'd buy her back for anything now! It went up north and is probably dead now. She was pretty ropey all those years back.