The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Snooper Question ..

Soo

I have a Snooper S4, GPS.

I can set it to only register camera's that are on my side of the road (ie heading towards).

The standard setting is to detect all of them.

Does anyone know if there's a good reason not to set it to just my side ?

A couple of times I've been having fun with another car and I get a Gatso warning, I slow up - they go on (drat) and then I find it's on the opposite carriageway... :mad:

Any thoughts......

PS. have had it for about four months now and it seems brill, found one gatso that it didn't pick up and one that it picked up with no sign of the camera - but may have been down to me not updating it often enough.

Would feel a bit naked driving without it.

1 reason for you.

Round these parts there are cameras they can turn to face either direction. There is no way the GPS database knows which way it is pointing.

As for the S4 being great, I went thru 3 of them, always took an age to lock on to the satalites and accuracy was a bit suspect for my liking. I now have a micro road pilot, which IMO so much better.

The Origin database has reversible camera locations loaded within it. Mine is set only for cameras on my side of the round but it always alerts me to ANY reversible ones i have passed.

Not sure if the Snooper database is the same. Why not try it passing some reversible ones in both directions??