The mkiv Supra Owners Club

1jzgte running supra na map sensor run ruff

leesupra12

cheers bud i think thats what my problem is map sensor. had some really good help from the australian forum. there right on it.

i have fitted the straight through exhaust now ,big intercooler getting there slowly its just the idle and the smoke now which would be i think the map sensor. fingers x it is.

The oem map sensor used on a 2jzge does not recognise boost over about 0.5psi so I cant see how it could work on the gte once you came up to positive pressures. I came across this a few years ago when I was messing around trying to supercharge a NA.

cheers i have ordered a 1jzgte map sensor now. and would the ge map sensor cause the car to run like the spark plugs are off. i will check the coilpack and connectors thanks for that

Its just one of the many things that can cause an engine to run badly Lee, its impossible for me to say for definite what your problem is due to.

Did you get that email I sent you a while back?

Full membership to the club is £10 per year and worth every penny of it.

If you can find the thread I posted in Supra chat a while ago about the soarer body plugs you'll find a nice table of useful info at the end of it.

It may or may not still be of use to you but I did send you a link to it via email as soon as I found it.