The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Peoples view needed

hp006

What do people think the car is worth? I've spent an extra £3.5k this yr alone getting it to a outstanding example. I get the feeling yrs down the line these cars are going to be worth a lot of money hence im reluctant to sell. Im also in the position i have half a deposit for another house and selling the car would get me the other half (dependant what u guys think). If not im happy to store the supra in the garage and sell bits off that would hopefully generate enough cash to save for a couple more months then go down the house route and leave me with a car i can restore later down the line.

Anyway the pics

http://s2.postimage.org/2dn0kzpes/IMAG0187.jpg http://s2.postimage.org/2dokt9i78/IMAG0188_2.jpg http://s2.postimage.org/2dowe0xno/IMAG0013.jpg http://s2.postimage.org/2dp4npo4k/IMAG0075.jpg

The car has been rebuilt over the last yr and as i say a lot of money spent on it. Its been converted to a uk TT BPU (-minus abs). Im not expecting it all back but i dont see wasting it all. If i dont get the price for the car im thinking if i sell wheels, brakes, radio (kenwood dnx7200), new leather seats, black carpet, roof liner, bonnet, Digital RLTC for example this should release some funds back to me and leave me with a car that at some stage can be built and sold when the value rises? Peoples thoughts????

Edited by hp006 (see edit history)

I'm guessing it's a jap spec na that youve converted to either a auto tt or possibly a 6 speed manual? if it's the auto I'd say it's worth 5 - 7 and if it's a 6 speed I'd say between 6 and 8. That's just ball park though and as Josh said would need a full spec list!

Lee

Apologies, yes it was a jap import na converted to auto uk tt. Gonna struggle to remember everything but here goes. So engine and gear box uk. Had all hubs replaced and abs driveshaft, 19" mania wheels fitted and just refurbed. Uk brakes on all 4 corners. Full leather retrim. New black carpet, leatherette roof liner, aem boost gauge, aem a/f gauge, plastic dash all flocked, white dials, bumper and side skirts resprayed, full bomex kit, uk bonnet, digital rtlc fitted, map ecu, blitz air filter, uk glass lights, hid fitted, fmic, decat pipe, rear exhaust but cant remember make, pioneer speakers front/rear, kenwood dnx 7200bt/sat nav, interior panels replaced to higher standard ones. mileage is 90k with service history

Edited by hp006 (see edit history)

You'll be waiting a long time for values to rise if ever

I am afraid I have to agree with Dnk here.

However, you could build up your red wine collection I can see in the picture of the seats, I am told that if you know what you are doing you can make a fortune investing in vintage wines, assuming you dont drink them.

On a serious note, I do like that seat covering, was it expensive and did you get it done local to you?

I paid £650 for the leather (delivered to door) then a friend fitted it for £200. He said it was a very good leather and im happy with it.

My gf seems to think i should sell the car as a whole. It was a project and im now finished with it and i've enjoyed it for the 5 years ive owned it

Sadly with most things modifying, you never see back the money you've spent. On top of that, the fact that it's an na-tt doesn't help as buyers will be wary that the conversion's been done by someone who knows what they're at. That said, if it's as mint as it sounds/you say then your best bet might be a sale through the club, but obviously most club members will know that a conversion should knock the value down compared to a factory tt.

Alternatively, price it as you would if it were a factory tt, advertise it on pistonheads/auto-trader etc (as a na-tt)and hope that the buyer doesn't realise that a converted car is worth less.

To be honest the only cars that go up in value are the one that stay in original form and with absoulotly nothing changed. So if your going to sell the car then sell it as the hole car.

Wise words. Also, although you say it's been converted to UK spec, no-one can take advantage of that where it matters, i.e. cheaper insurance, because the shell and parts of the drivetrain is still from an import.

Value? £5k sounds like a fair starting point.

5k sounds far to low, I would rather strip the car and get close to that in parts. Full UK power can be used as all parts where changed. Gearbox engine shafts. Conversion was done at a garage. I was thinking around 7k. Thoughts appreciated and given food for thought as such anyway.