The mkiv Supra Owners Club

advice needed!

TwinturbJay

hey ive just got an original uk spec supra it even has the original tape player lol, if any1s from the hertfordshire bedfordshire area id like to know a good place to get some work done! and what i should have done! i use it every day so i want to keep it as reliable as pos but wouldnt mind 400bhp :) 005.jpg 12.jpg

thanks again! that was just the info i wanted :) i dont like the sound of the cat back though :( my last car was loud and ive had enough of it! want to keep a certain level of queitness! hmmm...

Have a look at a Blitz Nur Spec RX or a Whifbitz twin box exhaust.

Check this thread out for videos of some; http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?193462-Video-of-your-SUPRA-exhausts....!&highlight=video

You could decat it and keep the stock cat back exhaust, but I'm not sure how loud it would be and also how much of a restriction it'd be. I guess if it holds the boost ~1 bar (you'll need a boost gauge to keep an eye on it) then you could just add a boost controller to get it up to 1.2bar (about 400bhp).

i like the way your talking josh, making it sound possible lol. i dont mind if it dont get full power. just dont want anything to overheat or not work properly. i really need to find a good garage to talk about it with!

I'd stick to talking about it on here tbh, as it's free and you'd probably get a lot of help from a lot of experienced people.

Either way, the Supra's all about noise, unless you're old or want to get on track days :D

My vote goes on the Blitz Nur Spec R (as per my car). Best sounding exhaust IMO.

I'd get a full suspension geometry check done before you start going bpu and i'd also have a good look

at the condition of quite a few parts unless ofcourse they've been replaced by previous owner.

What mileage has it done ?

As Dunk said have a check over the car before going for more power. Things such as radiator, intercooler and the turbo pipe work if it has not been changed already as the pipes degrade over time.