The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Painting the Supra - Need help on when to do

Samurai 20V

Guys,

My Supra needs to go in to have the roof and bonnet sprayed, I am a bit concerned on when to spray it.

The shop has a full spray booth, heaters etc...

I was planning on doing it in December but its really cold here in that time, around 0deg... Will the cold have any effect to the finish?

I could wait until March/April (temp is around 15-20deg) but the car is being exported in June, is that enough time for the paint to properly cure b4

it spends 1month at sea?

I am not keen to spray it back in South Africa as I have had a few bad experiences with my previous car..

What do you guys recommend?

Guys,

My Supra needs to go in to have the roof and bonnet sprayed, I am a bit concerned on when to spray it.

The shop has a full spray booth, heaters etc...

I was planning on doing it in December but its really cold here in that time, around 0deg... Will the cold have any effect to the finish?

I could wait until March/April (temp is around 15-20deg) but the car is being exported in June, is that enough time for the paint to properly cure b4

it spends 1month at sea?

I am not keen to spray it back in South Africa as I have had a few bad experiences with my previous car..

What do you guys recommend?

If the shop do have heaters, it should be fine.

I think it only take a couple of hours in the "hoven" for the paint to cure.

If the shop do have heaters, it should be fine.

I think it only take a couple of hours in the "hoven" for the paint to cure.

As long as its been left to bake a while in the oven it will be fine, I would look into getting a protection detail done for it going over seas if your concerned about it during export

Thks, I will give it a full detail with Jetseal and Collinite 476 b4 it hits the seas, hope its enough..

Mitchell would be the man to ask to be 100% sure, but if it has a proper spray booth as you've said above, it will be fine!

Thks, will drop him a PM...The shop is well kitted out, booth, heater fans etc etc.

no probs if the booth is heated and well venitlated ect, cold is always a pain but only because everyone has there hands in there pockets

Ill will be fine with heat, once the paint is layed on and settles the metal is protected :)

Thanks guys!

Makes life easier for me,will send the car in Dec when I am on holiday in South Africa.