The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Thinking of selling up.

gavin.starr

I cant drive the car any more as i am constantly thinking about what is going to need fixing next.

I have owned it for 4 years now and have enjoyed every moment of it, but im starting to think enough is enough. I have just bought a house so money is very tight now and may be for quite some time in the future.

Therefore i will no longer be able to buy things for it as they are to expensive so its just going to sit in the garage un used. I have spent a small fortune on the car over the years and i can longer do it.

My job is also a uncertanty as some of you may have seen on the tv (bae systems). I need a car that i can turn the key knowing that it is going to get me from a to b without any problems.

My engine has started with a rattle the other day and knowing my luck it will be something major that i wont be able to fix.

I have missed every supra pod and every meet i have wanted to go to.

I feel sick at the thought of seling it, but i think the time has come to let it go. :(

I was in the same position as you last year & needs be a must I had to sell. Though a year on & I now have my 2nd Supra & although I still miss my first Supra I feel like a new relation with my new one has begun (even though I have only driven her 2 miles).

If you can get away with keeping it in the garage & buying a very cheap daily then go that route. If this is not feesable then I'd start thinking about selling her. Though remember the Market isn't great at the moment & hopefully the rattle is an easy fix.

I was in the same position as you last year & needs be a must I had to sell. Though a year on & I now have my 2nd Supra & although I still miss my first Supra I feel like a new relation with my new one has begun (even though I have only driven her 2 miles).

If you can get away with keeping it in the garage & buying a very cheap daily then go that route. If this is not feesable then I'd start thinking about selling her. Though remember the Market isn't great at the moment & hopefully the rattle is an easy fix.

what you got abz?

Gavin, if you have to sell for financial reasons then it's a no brainer. These cars can set you back a fortune at the drop of a hat.

What are you doing about the engine rattling?

H.

Havent done anything with it yet fella, i know its going to be expensive it allways is. I may garage it for a bit and see how my money is a few months down the line but i cnat see it hapening.

Would any one be free to come and have a listen to my engine.

It is currently sat on my mums drive, in a village called Freckleton just outside of preston Lancashire, It would be a great help if some on in the know could do. I need this engine rattle assessing to se what it is.

This is the deciding factor to wether or not ill be keeping my car. If its a relitivley cheap fix ill keep it but if not then im afraid its going to have to go :(

Cheers in advance

Gav