The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Paddle or multi plate clutch, Whats worse???

Bailey.

I currently have a paddle clutch fitted and it has a pretty harsh biting point, but once your up and going its just fine, my question is whats better, a multi disk clutch that rattles alot but is a much smoother drive or a quiet paddle which is harsh to drive with but does the job just fine??? Ive heard people with triple plates say they get fed up with the noise very quickly and wish they didnt have one, and others say they wish they didnt have a paddle because there over how harsh it is on gear changes!!

At your power level i would just go with a good single plate such as a rps street with an oem flywheel, i ran like this for years, took many drag starts in its stride, got down to a 10.9 1/4, held 730bhp at 1.8 bar, started slipping when i went 2 bar boost but it had done 15,000 hard miles by then.

At your power level i would just go with a good single plate such as a rps street with an oem flywheel, i ran like this for years, took many drag starts in its stride, got down to a 10.9 1/4, held 730bhp at 1.8 bar, started slipping when i went 2 bar boost but it had done 15,000 hard miles by then.

How harsh was the rps jamie? i have a competition clutch and lightened flywheel, and it is harsh, just doesnt seem to be any give in the setup, and i sold my nearly new flywheel when i went single!!!

I hear some people complain about them, mine was easy to live with, not much different to stock, i know they do different ones though, should be some details on it in my first build thread.

LOL i just noticed your intrested in the os giken triple, what i dont want to do is change to an rps, and find out its no better then what i have now, and im £xxx out of pocket, Is it possible the lack of the oem dual mass flywheel is alot of the course of the harshness?

But i dont remember yours being noisey or jurkey like a paddle? Or is that because the rps triple is a particular good clutch?

I was on a RPS twin when you went in it, twin plates i driven have been good, exeddy and rps twin was both very nice to live with.

My car is in the workshop now being upgraded to a rps triple carbon. im thinking its going to be hell to live with as other triples i have driven with have not been nice, im off to the pub, will catch up with this tomorrow mate.

I was on a RPS twin when you went in it, twin plates i driven have been good, exeddy and rps twin was both very nice to live with.

My car is in the workshop now being upgraded to a rps triple carbon. im thinking its going to be hell to live with as other triples i have driven with have not been nice.

Is it possible swapping out the lightened flywheel for a oem one will make it a better drive? Is your twin plate knackered:innocent:

Not sure on the flywheel swap, can't see it making a difference to the peddle feel.

Twin is fine, im thinking i might keep as a spare though, after I've finished with the hks drag series I might put it back in along with a 71mm turbo for some trackday fun.

Not sure on the flywheel swap, can't see it making a difference to the peddle feel.

Twin is fine, im thinking i might keep as a spare though, after I've finished with the hks drag series I might put it back in along with a 71mm turbo for some trackday fun.

Ok if you dont let me know what your looking for it, For some reason i thought a twin and triple were much the same in peddle feel, obviously not.