The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Has anyone had any experience with Paul Brown Cars?

Jata

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Iam pretty sure I read on another forum it's another spin off name as the real behind the scene owner is that of who cannot not be named on here

We have had that reported to us too but I have yet to have anybody show me any sort of proof. Somebody show me more than hearsay and I can do something with it.

So in general they seem to be ok. I had a quick look on Companies House too and didn't find anything of note. I know Jurgen has a very good reputation on here and I'd otherwise just go straight to him but you know what it's like when you spot a particular car...

Here you go:

http://www.paulbrowncars.co.uk/car_Twin-Turbo-6-speed-Stunning-Gloss-Black-Low-Miles-Toyota-_73_20_index.php

I completely agree about doing my homework and I am trying to look at it objectively. It ticks quite a few boxes in that it's tt, black, low mileage and already de-spoilered (trivial I know). Arguably I might be better off with a stock car as I'm new to Supras and BPU would be a handful. That said you always adjust to what you're driving don't you.

Jurgen has this on offer too which is also very nice. The only downside being the gauge pod which is not to my taste but it's far from being the end of the world...

http://www.jm-imports.co.uk/cardetails/toyota/2011/supra23.htm

I think if your grown up enough and drive them accordingly then stock or full bpu makes no differance unless you want

a modded car or would rather have a virtually stock one.

The Paul Brown ad says it has FSH, that to me means full history from new with proof of its low mileage.

My car has full history from new and this is what i've got to prove it bearing in mind its done 130k so

has had a few ££'s spent on o/e parts along with the modds . pics below

I think you need to view them in the flesh as most cars look far better in pictures than they actually are

dunk%20sale%20pics%20002.jpg

dunk%20sale%20pics%20006.jpg

dunk%20sale%20pics%20001.jpg

dunk%20sale%20pics%20003.jpg

yeah service history isnt as relevant with some cars but is still an important factor. its just obvious they have been looked after. my uk car has similar ammounts of paperwork to dunks car. but my jspec. although it has "some" is nowhere near. but its much more modified. and with good parts and seemingly well done. so dont automaticly dismiss a car without much paperwork. if it had NO paperwork at all. or only very little id be a bit iffy...

Better to have than not have as its probably a better way of telling if the seriously low mileage

is true which in my opinion makes a big differance, not to how much its worth but more to give you

an idea on how many o/e parts it would or should of had.

I guess im just old school and a car with zero or very little history wouldnt interest me in the slightest

but obviously theres plenty of people that will part with their cash, some will have bought a genuine car and some wont.

On a car worth a couple of grand then fine but not £10k or more

Both cars in the links look and sound great, my x g/f looked and sounded great but in

reality she was a nightmare :D

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

we can just take this out for you ;-)

Believe me I have considered this! I'll have a word with the girlfriend and see if she fancies a trip to Newcastle :-)

In terms of history and receipts, I'll take that into consideration as part (albeit important!) of the big picture. In all honesty I'd probably ask someone with a good knowledge of Supras to have a look with me. I would never buy without viewing it in the flesh because, as you say, pictures can hide a multitude of sins. Thanks for all the input, it's very much appreciated! :thumbs: