The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Double garage finally built...nearly!

tomgeer

Well, after over two years of living in our new house we've finally managed to scrimp and save enough money to build a brand spanking double garage to keep the supra in. We live right next to the sea so it's good to finally get it out the salt air.

Just put it away for the winter months today, as you can see I still need to install the concrete ramp at the front but it'll do for now.

I've been waiting to get it under cover so I can do a major service on it over the winter including cambelt, spark plugs, all fluids and brakes, can't wait. :)

100_1087.jpg

100_1092.jpg

Thanks guys, haven't totalled it up but reckon it cost the best part of £10,000. Did alot of the work myself including the floor (6" of hardcore, inch of sand, visquine and 6" of concrete), roof and labouring for my brickie. It's been a real eye opener as to how much work goes into a build, eg, I had no idea i'd have to dig out a 2 foot trench to pour the concrete foundations, when I started I thought I could just lay blocks straight onto my existing concrete yard lol, Mr building regs put me right though.

That is a nice size too - the Supra will love that. The only problem I find in having a large garage is that it becomes a license to collect loads of crap. Can we see a pic of your garage in 6-months time, lol.

Thanks, it's the maximum size (pretty much to the mm) that I could fit on my plot (I made sure it was big enough to accommodate the car, thats the whole reason I built it), the sewers restricted the length of it and the width is restricted by mine and the neighbours garden unfortunately. It's 36 square metres, plenty of room for the car and a work bench etc at the back.

You are right though, i've really got to keep and eye on how much clutter I collect in there:d. My wife says I need to keep the other side empty for her celica in the frosty weather so i'll have to be careful :(