The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Question about fender pulling

TopSecret1

Hey mates just ordered some 19" work wheels. Very aggressive setup.

I have a Top Secret diffuser mounted.

Also the stock plastic pieces that wrap partly up the wheel well behind the tyre. My question is do I need this? is there any purpose for it?

The Supra came with the TS diffuser mounted already on top of the plastic pieces.

My friend will be pulling the whole fender outlined in yellow.

that plastic piece gets in the way a bit that's why I ask.

I also wanted to get rid of the flat shape that runs above the wheel. Wanted to get the whole thing pulled and nice and round.

I found this picture on the forum:

http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/4971/dscn3887w.jpg

That's my car in your pic there, I have 18x11" +22 rears with fully rolled arches (no flare on rear) I run the diffuser without that plastic bit of trim (kinda by accident as I thought it needed to be removed to begin with). I havnt found any issues with it being removed.

I have definately seen supra rear arches flared that removes that line/flat bit but I'd say find the best, most experienced arch roller and get advice from them.

And NOS, I bought them from MVP Motorsport.

Edited by marcAB10 (see edit history)

That's my car in your pic there, I have 18x11" +22 rears with fully rolled arches (no flare on rear) I run the diffuser without that plastic bit of trim (kinda by accident as I thought it needed to be removed to begin with). I havnt found any issues with it being removed.

I have definately seen supra rear arches flared that removes that line/flat bit but I'd say find the best, most experienced arch roller and get advice from them.

And NOS, I bought them from MVP Motorsport.

Yes thank you,

your car is stunning. I bought some work wheels from the US in similar offsets.

I will be running a 285 in the rear, stock camber. So I know it will require some modification.

Yes thank you,

your car is stunning. I bought some work wheels from the US in similar offsets.

I will be running a 285 in the rear, stock camber. So I know it will require some modification.

Thanks and yep, I initially tried 275's and they stuck out too much, would have needed a flare for them to fit.

Thanks and yep, I initially tried 275's and they stuck out too much, would have needed a flare for them to fit.

So are you running narrower than 275 on that 11" rim?

Edit: I just looked at the pic and judging by the big gap between the tyre and the rim....I guess you are.