The mkiv Supra Owners Club

KDW's Supra Maxed the Dyno out, Tuned by Ryan.

Geo

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a shame we couldn't go more as was only at 2.45bar of boost but I have a plotted Ve curve now of the engine so can with some basic maths and datalogs turn up the boost more if Kim wants more power.

Billund in Denmark has the perfect roads for a supra like this though! They make our roads look like crap!

Has to be said that Kim has alot of knowledge with the 2jzgte and I was made to feel very very welcome by Kim and all the team at AJ performance.

They certainly enjoy some of our UK members videos :D

Fantastic results Ryan! Congrats to KDW on building a beast as well!

Ryan has he changed to a syvecs or did you map it on the motec??

Mapped it on the MoTeC as Kim did not want to change but made no difference as I know them very well but wish it did have a Syvecs. Mapping a High HP car on pump fuel with a MoTeC means you really have to be on the ball as the safety features on them are really lacking! I can kind of see why all the High HP 2JZ in US all run on race fuel as with the following below you really have to map the engine safe well away from optimal ignition timing figures....

Boost cut has 1 second Delay!! Imagine if wastegate stuck or wastegate pipe split. If you were aiming for 1.5bar within 1 second it would be 2.5bar!! Should be 1millisec

No Relative fuel pressure trimming or cuts. So if one of pumps fails or pump loses pressure from split pipe it will melt engine as even closed loop lambda would not have enough trim option in it to save engine. Relative fuel pressure is based on Manifold pressure against fuel pressure BTW

Knock control is another extra which unfortunatly Kim didn't have but again seems very basic. No ability to tell ecu when to listen for knock based on crank angle to filter out unwanted noise and no cylinder shutdown if one cylinder has issue and is knocking its tits off but this might have changed in a later firmware which i have not seen.

The MoTeC does make up with it in worldwide support and a great CAN bus system but the Syvecs will have that soon and even now i would use a Syvecs if i had a similar spec engine. When the PNP Syvecs is out will send one over to the US mappers to try. John Reed made a nice harness for the engine though and it puts up with all the electrical interfernce that is involved running CDIs and Non resisted spark plugs which the US tuners seem to favour im told!!

But thats my view and apart from the above its still in the top 3 of aftermarket management in the world which is good enough for me to get involved