The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hello! I'm new go easy on me!

IamLukeMachin

OK So thought I would say hello! I have always loved Supras - but heres the boring part! Being young insurance was always a bit of hard work! But now I'm getting on 25yrs Old now! I think the time has come to start looking around for a Supra & to start some insurance hunting!

Just been looking on here and you all seem like a bunch of wonderful boys & gals!

So yeah I'm from Lymington in Hampshire

I'm just a normal dude working hard to pay the bills & the Tax man.

I'm jumping on the White supra wagon if and when I find one! I dont have mega ££££'s so I wll be looking for that bargin haha! If there is such a thing!

So yeah!

Thats me. So hopefully it won't be to long until I can get on the road in a Supra

Peace

L[GRIN][/GRIN]

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's your budget?

£2-4k will get you an N/A

£4-5k will get you a TT Auto

£8k-10k will get you a TT 6spd

£10-14k will get you a TT 6spd UK Spec

£12k+ will get you a single turbo (generally around 500-600bhp)

£25k will get you a mortgage.

I'm just across the water from you by the way! ;) Welcome.

Hey Stevie_B

As it stands I am unsure what spec - I have a little day to day runner car thats perfect for what me & the wife want I just feel I need something a little more manly you know as a weekend / boys toy - ( i am in know way saying a Yaris isn't manly) but you get me!

So yeah I think even a NA would be fun but then again if I can find a TT a the "right" price who knows!

One thing I'm 100% certain is I want a White Supra

L

yo Abz

My car history - Fiesta was my 1st car a bargin at £100

I had a VW beetle with a 911 engine in - until it went bang ( she was a beauty roff chopped all smoothed body work) I will hunt pictures down for you

I then had an MR2 white on black rims - she was gorgeous until a white van man fell asleep and hit me head on! was a little painfull exprience!

I now drive a yaris VVTI Sport 1.3 - yeah you got it! I have a need for speed!haha!

Yeah I need to do some reading on what to look out for etc etc so I will crack on with that tonight!

looking through the forum you all seem like a helpful bunch of chaps & chapesses so when the time comes I will holla' for some advice I can promise that!

L

yo Abz

My car history - Fiesta was my 1st car a bargin at £100

I had a VW beetle with a 911 engine in - until it went bang ( she was a beauty roff chopped all smoothed body work) I will hunt pictures down for you

I then had an MR2 white on black rims - she was gorgeous until a white van man fell asleep and hit me head on! was a little painfull exprience!

I now drive a yaris VVTI Sport 1.3 - yeah you got it! I have a need for speed!haha!

Yeah I need to do some reading on what to look out for etc etc so I will crack on with that tonight!

looking through the forum you all seem like a helpful bunch of chaps & chapesses so when the time comes I will holla' for some advice I can promise that!

L

Hey Luke! Would like to see pictures of the Beetle with the 911 engine in & the MR2!

This is quite an active forum & everyone is very very helpful. Make sure you use the search function before you ask a load of questions as 90% of the time they have been covered recently so you should be able to find threads on it. Below is a good place to start with a guide to the difference in models & also a handy print out to take with you when you go looking at a Supra.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/forumdisplay.php?60-Basic-Supra-Guides

This is all probably in the buyers' guide that's on here, but... if you want a car that will give other cars a run for their money, go for a TT. If you mainly like the look of the supras, you could go for an NA.

I have an NA, and I think it's fair to say they look faster than they are. Still pretty quick though. I love them because they don't look like a watered-down version of the TT: it would take a car enthusiast to notice the difference without opening the bonnet.

Welcome :)

If you can afford it, definitely go for a TT. The auto 'box is supposed to be great to drive if you use it right!

Not 'supposed to be' it actually is a great gearbox! :)

Keep all your options open, I know you have narrowed it down to a white car but remember cosmetics are generally cheaper than a mechanical work (unless you can do it yourself). It is better buying a well looked after & mechanical car which needs some TLC than getting a clean car which mechanically needs attention.

Wow thanks for all your advice my supra buddies!

Its good to know that there are some honest dudes out there! I have taken all advice on board - I personally think I might stick wiith going for a NA and in white if I can find one that has everything!?

Some of you have answered one of my 1st questions and that was about having an auto so mind put at rest a little bit! I work with a guy who is anti auto anything! That in miind he does drive a grandads car! haha hes getting all angry!

Also I'm a white car person but will give it to you "bullet_uk" that if you have a sweet looking 'murdered' one they do look the dogs dangleys

L

I was the same I hated autos always have done but then I drove a auto supra and wow it's like nothing else it's hard to explain but trust me you will not be disappointed if you get the auto I've driven the manuals aswell and again they are perfect, basically the supra is an amazing car all round

I was the same I hated autos always have done but then I drove a auto supra and wow it's like nothing else it's hard to explain but trust me you will not be disappointed if you get the auto I've driven the manuals aswell and again they are perfect, basically the supra is an amazing car all round

Thanks man good to know! When the time is right I will no doubt look on here first before anywhere to see whats going!

While I'm on here to you guys & gals do many meets down 'my neck of the woods' just curious to see as I have only ever seen maybe 3 or 4 Supras around here!

L

OK so to give ya'll some idea

something like this is what I'm thinking

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TOYOTA-SUPRA-Mk4-1994-JZA80-3-0-6cyl-24v-Non-Turbo-Automatic-imported-2007-/190580742023?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item2c5f7f5787

Sorry if I'm not allowed to post links!

L

That looks really quite good, shame it has the 'wrong' gearbox in it :innocent: