The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Finally got round to detailing the Supra this weekend...

Si_s Supe

...to say I'm chuffed with the results is an under statement! I've had the car for a number of months now, and although the paint was in good condition and is all totally original, it's never really had 'love'. Started on Friday afternoon by giving it a wash with Fairy liquid to remove any traces of old polish or wax. Then clay barred it and the results from that alone were incredible. Removed A LOT of tar and smoothed the paint nicely. Saturday I went on to cut using 3M Finishing Material, then polish with AG SRP, glaze using PB's White Diamond, sealed with CarLack 68 and then waxed with Collonite 476s.

Unfortunately, my crappy iPhone camera doesn't do it any justice, but the paint looks breat taking in the flesh.

That lot took 12 hrs, and I spent another 3 hrs doing the interior today. Not many pics of that but used a 2 stage Gliptone leather treatment on the seats and AG Vinyl & Rubber Care on the dash panels. Again, huge difference. The leather in particular looked very dry although again has no damage which made life easier. Now looks like brand new.

Well happy with my weekends graft!!

That looks great mate, but I've never heard of using fairy liquid as a good thing :)

Out of curiosity, why is it a huge no no? I've just taken it naturally as something not to do and just used car products, but can anyone explain why?

Car looks awesome though dude! The mirror effect is outstanding :)

Dave

In normal washing, fairy liquid is a massive no no as it strips wax! Think of how it removes grease and grime from your washing up! Anyone that washes the car with it week in week out doesn't deserve to own a car let alone a Supra!! However, I used it purely for stripping any old crap left on the paint. It is a good starting block for claying which then removes anything left as well as the tar and other contaminants.

Rest assured...fairy liquid will never get anywhere near my paint ever again!! ;)

I thought you might like to see this! Was going to send a link but no need now! ;) You not bought another one yet then!?

nearly went to see Spartan's tiptronic, nearly bought that low mileage NA Abz bought and comtemplated others but I'm trying to stick with the rough but ready NA auto for a while longer as tbh it's a good drive just let down cosmetically and so is worth more to me than I could get for it................I think only a nice Royal Sapphire one will tempt me to change but saying that sometimes ones come along that are too good to pass up no matter what the colour!

nearly went to see Spartan's tiptronic, nearly bought that low mileage NA Abz bought and comtemplated others but I'm trying to stick with the rough but ready NA auto for a while longer as tbh it's a good drive just let down cosmetically and so is worth more to me than I could get for it................I think only a nice Royal Sapphire one will tempt me to change but saying that sometimes ones come along that are too good to pass up no matter what the colour!

You know wanna!! :) Lucky number 7! Get a nice turbo for your kicks and have the NA auto as a daily! I wouldn't mind an NA auto as a daily...but I will have to stick to my 1.3 Fiesta! :(

Well done there supra stands great, liking the stock body,

Di i see an thelephone cable in the interior there?:D

Or is that one for the stinger.

Thanks mate, neither of the above. It is actually running a road angel. The speedo has never been converted to miles and I don't want to do it as it'd be nice to keep a genuine odo reading.