The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Just got an Apexi avcr black ebc, Anyone have any experience/have one?

Blackie

Just got a Apexi avcr black limited edition ebc off a mate from here, Has anyone been using one? I know its got more features than i'll know what to do with but was wondering how people find using them? Was it easy to set up? I just fitted a working boost guage to my bpu and found out its only hitting .9 so this will sort it out

Edited by Blackie (see edit history)

i have the avcr,

not sure what the differance is between the s-avcr.

there are many of thread of installation have you done it this way? http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?242218-Help-fitting-Avcr-boost-controller

best thing is have a good read of instructions but it get more boost on mine you add more duty,

you also would benafit fit from setting the gear learn

and duty gain for gears this will help get correct boost out of all the gears.

im not sure if you need a boost gauge with the avcr units as they display alot of info but as i say i have not seen the s-avcr

i have the avcr,

not sure what the differance is between the s-avcr.

there are many of thread of installation have you done it this way? http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?242218-Help-fitting-Avcr-boost-controller

best thing is have a good read of instructions but it get more boost on mine you add more duty,

you also would benafit fit from setting the gear learn

and duty gain for gears this will help get correct boost out of all the gears.

im not sure if you need a boost gauge with the avcr units as they display alot of info but as i say i have not seen the s-avcr

Cheers for the link, Not fitted it yet :) The S is Super from internet searches. Did you enjoy the difference it made when you fitted it? People say its like driving a different car?

I've got an HKS EVC-S that I've had for months and I can't bring myself to fit it. It looks really confusing and I don't want to mess anything up!

I may give it a go this week. Good luck to you :)

My boost gauge shows it holding at 0.9bar in higher gear pulls which I'm getting used to, so I can't wait for 1.2.

Trust me mate, you didn't listen to me with your TT transplant, you didn't listen to me with the zed... listen to me now.

It isn't the S-AVCR.... it's the AVCR. If someone want's to call it super then that's just fine. It won't say it on the box, it won't say it on the item and it won't say it on the manual.

Trust me mate, you didn't listen to me with your TT transplant, you didn't listen to me with the zed... listen to me now.

It isn't the S-AVCR.... it's the AVCR. If someone want's to call it super then that's just fine. It won't say it on the box, it won't say it on the item and it won't say it on the manual.

Calmdown moonbeam, Ill change the title now ;)

yes they are a great bit of kit and having 1.2 boost as soon as is a massive gain instead of getting it at top end,

they can take a while to get them how you want

doing gear learn and start duty settings will make sure you have correct boost in correct gears its a must to get the most out of them

also the feed back speed

have great fun with your new toy

I've got an HKS EVC-S that I've had for months and I can't bring myself to fit it. It looks really confusing and I don't want to mess anything up!

I may give it a go this week. Good luck to you :)

My boost gauge shows it holding at 0.9bar in higher gear pulls which I'm getting used to, so I can't wait for 1.2.

I've got that one, I'm flying out to the states tomorrow, but if you can wait a week and a half until I'm back, I'm happy to put a 'how to' thread up if you want (just PM a week on Sunday to remind me)

p.s. Woooo 9000th post, and it was actually trying to be helpful aswell (1 in 9000 chance right there :D)

I've got that one, I'm flying out to the states tomorrow, but if you can wait a week and a half until I'm back, I'm happy to put a 'how to' thread up if you want (just PM a week on Sunday to remind me)

p.s. Woooo 9000th post, and it was actually trying to be helpful aswell (1 in 9000 chance right there :D)

Nice one!! I've been looking for a guide but can't find one for the EVC-S and I want to make sure I get it exactly right.

The instructions make it seem really daunting and I don't want to knacker anything :p

Thanks! :)

Oh yeah, and nice one on the 9,000th post!

yes they are a great bit of kit and having 1.2 boost as soon as is a massive gain instead of getting it at top end,

they can take a while to get them how you want

doing gear learn and start duty settings will make sure you have correct boost in correct gears its a must to get the most out of them

also the feed back speed

have great fun with your new toy

Sounds awesome, Im hoping to get Jody to set it up for me, Have the car for a few days