The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra addiction

j_jza80

I've owned 3 MKIV Supras now, in most of the variations available;

- Bpu uk spec auto

- RZ-S 6 speed single

- SZ-R 6 speed NA

I've only been without one for a few months, and find myself wanting another :D

For this recent craving, I'd like to thank JamieP :D I spent an hour going through his project threads earlier looking for a picture, and it seems to have sparked something :D

I'm not sure what To go for next, maybe a VVTi tiptronic small single? I'd also quite fancy a 6 speed single, with taller gearing capable of doing over 200mph and 40mpg or more on a steady run.

Time to start looking for number four :D

I now know exactly what you mean, hopefully picking mine up tomorrow! :D

I also agree after seeing JamieP, Hodge & Ibrar's creation I have just been dreaming. :)

This is the problem, we have such a high standard of cars on this forum, it's hard not to dream. Ryans track car looks awesome, but I can't afford £25k for a toy :D

I really wish I'd never sold my single :( I'd love another like that, but they're very few and far between in Japan now :(

I'm the other way, I see all the good looking decent fast cars and it just makes me want to sell mine, you just can't compete with the big boys :(

That's not what it's about for me, trying to compete with some of the Supras on here would be a very expensive game :D

Any reliable single Supra is a great car, wether they have 500hp or 2000hp. It's all about building one that you're happy with (performance, looks, cost) remember, while all the big power cars on here are very fast, 'even' a 500hp Supra will paste most things on the roads.

Mine over reads a tad when compared to the gps head unit in the car.

Yeah, that's what I would expect. Changing the wheels/tyres shouldn't make any difference to what the RPM vs Speed reads, as the speed comes from the gearbox as far as I know. If the engine is revving at 2000rpm then the gearbox will be spinning and showing xx mph depending on gear. You could take the wheels off and this would still be the case so the tyres aren't having any effect on the ratio between your Tacho and your speedo. Where they are making the difference is to your actual speed rather than indicated.

It's likely that even as stock at 70mph on the speedo the tacho will be around the same as you have on your image. The major difference is that your actual speed is above 70 wheras with stock it will be mid 60s.

Yeah, that's what I would expect. Changing the wheels/tyres shouldn't make any difference to what the RPM vs Speed reads, as the speed comes from the gearbox as far as I know. If the engine is revving at 2000rpm then the gearbox will be spinning and showing xx mph depending on gear. You could take the wheels off and this would still be the case so the tyres aren't having any effect on the ratio between your Tacho and your speedo. Where they are making the difference is to your actual speed rather than indicated.

It's likely that even as stock at 70mph on the speedo the tacho will be around the same as you have on your image. The major difference is that your actual speed is above 70 wheras with stock it will be mid 60s.

No mate it the other way round on my car, my speedo reads a tad over what my gps reads, 100mph speedo is about 95mph gps in my car.

I remember my red car was miles out, speedo would say 100mph and gps would say 85.

No mate it the other way round on my car, my speedo reads a tad over what my gps reads, 100mph speedo is about 95mph gps in my car.

I remember my red car was miles out, speedo would say 100mph and gps would say 85.

That sounds about normal then regarding the speed. The reason it isn't miles out is probably down to the convertor changing between kms to miles, if you didn't have the big tyres etc it would probalby be miles out lol.

Mine isn't too bad, at around 80 on the speedo I'm 74 on the GPS. I've seen a few of ridiculously miles out though, much like your red one.

A supra is definately a drug and im totally addicted, i do alot of reading up about them and been following projects for a while... love seeing fresh ideas and new records being broken.

some beautiful creations out there and more importantly the club is like a big family. ** pours another wine into supra mug**

Exactly. Supras really are amazing things, and Branners forum makes Supra ownership an even better prospect.