The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Starting to think about an aerotop

staples230uk

Having had my NA now for the last year and a half, which I love to bits. I am now craving an aerotop. Just a question basically to find out what they are like on a day to day basis. Have done a search and read all about the leaks and fixes. Not looking to change for a while, winter is around the corner (or already here lol) etc etc. Having been to a few events and seeing a few aerotops....including hodge's, I just thought it would be cool to have the supra experience with the roof off. Is it worth changing?

Cheers guys and girls!

I don't use mine in the wet weather as my Aero is kept in the garage and used as my summer weekend car. But when I wash it it's never leaked any water through the roof :)

It's great fun cruising about with the roof off, and because you can put the roof back on you get the best of both worlds :cool:

exactly like mine, hardly anything. really really bad down pour and ive got a little drip from the passenger window where it meets the aero, saying that, ive now treated the seal with autoglym rubber condition followed by a coating of silicone spray around the rubbers, and nothing at, dry as a bone.

IMO yes.

I dont see any reason to buy an Auto N/A and not an Auto Aero N/A.

Mine does not leak, i might do a drop or two in real bad weather, but driving it around in the summer out weighs all that

yes, yes he does... ;)

On a different note, time to get a TT :p

Cheers Harvard, will roll with the punches or the rotten veg lol! Saving the pennies at the mo si, so still a while to go, but there are a few tt aeros knocking around. Thanks for everyone's input so far, just have to see what the next year brings.

The only down fall to them is the extra wight and the loss of rigidness with the roof off, but if your keeping it N/A ull never have an isuse with that. i only started notising it more when i singled mine.

other then that there realy good and would req getting one.

How much chassis reinforcement did you do? Ultraracing do most of the under car bracing you need which fix most chassis flex issues.

I've never had a major problem with leaking from mine, only when it's really really wet. Fun when its sunny.... not so much when its raining. ;)

As for rigidity when the roof is on, it's not too bad. You can still jack the front up and the rear wheel will lift too. Not been on the track with it though. With the roof off.... Well you can feel the flex and the windscreen shakes on bumpy ground (at least mine does!!) :p