The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Will UK brakes fit my old wheels?

a98pmalcolm

Hay all.

Im selling my old wheels and someone from Sweden is asking if his brakes will fit my wheels. I think they will. He says there Euro brakes and I assume that the same as UK spec.

Fronts Are:

Lehrmeister 17 x 8.5" Split rim

ET35 Offset

5 stud

114mm Stud Diameter

Toyo Proxes TR1 235/45/17

Rears are:

Lehrmeister 17 x9.5" Split rim with

ET35 Offset

5 stud

114mm Stud Diameter

Toyo Proxes TR1 265/40/17

Any advise would be great

Thanks

Paul

so with it being 39.1 (i assume mm) would an offset of +35 be ok?

Thanks

Paul

No that doesn't follow at all. The only way to be SURE is try them, or find another owner you 100% trust who has these wheels on UK (Euro) brakes and will confirm there are no clearance issues. I suppose you could get someone to digitise the wheel and the drawing and tell from that, but it will be quite costly.

I suppose you could get someone to digitise the wheel and the drawing and tell from that, but it will be quite costly.

Not really necessary as you can achieve the end result much easier.

What's wrong with printing the above drawing full size (accurately), stick it to some cardboard, cut around the profile of the brake disc and caliper and hold it place to check clearances with the wheel.

Obviously if the clearances were small it would be wiser to actually try a wheel in place or to speak to someone else who has the same wheels/fitment, but the above method will give you some idea how they'll fit.

Edited by merckx (see edit history)