The mkiv Supra Owners Club

re r154 box

crispy

hi all need some input if anyonecan help?

doing an n/a to tt conversion at the same time as an auto to r154 box (5 spd)

all is runnnig but gear changes very notchy not very smooth do i need to uprate or change any bits, there is a possibility that the slave cylinder piston is not long enough to dissengage the clutch properly

if anyone is out there who has done this conversion or just knows wat are issue may be some info/advice would be greatfull regards chris

Hi Chris

All 3 of the boxes I've got / had were notchy, not as bad as the V160/V161, but definately nowhere near as smooth as the W58.

If you'r car goes into the gears fine at standstil with the engine running, I cant see your clutch being the issue. If it was dragging, you would struggle to select the gears. Perhaps a video of the notch box in operation would help us say "yeh thats normal", or "no thats fecked".

Ben

unfortunatly cant get a video as its at a garage not all that accessable to me atm! aparently it goes through gears 1-5 notchy but struggles reverse ! clutch brand new exedy hyper single plate, have been told it may be master cylinder? apparently theres three different types and because it was an n/a we replaced it with a tt one and tt servo i cant see wat difference it would make! give it ago tho i guess did you convert any of your cars to manual ? if so can you remember ever changing slave cylinder piston for a longer one ?