The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Aerial Relocation

Dnk

Dunk, I have used a rubber bung to block the hole in mine and now use the embedded aerial in the rear screen. Its not as sensitive as the external one but for local stuff it's fine. Because the hole is an oval I had to find a oversized bung and make 2 small cuts on the underside of the bung to get a nice tight snug fit. But guess if you are doing some bodywork anyhow, you may as well fill it properly.

There is a secondary embeded aerial in the tailgate glass, although maybe as a UK spec your glass is different, I dont know. It looks as though it is part of the window de-mister matrix and I seem to recall the plug for it was tucked under the carpet in the centre console. Its the wrong type of plug for standard head unit and I used a couple of F connectors from work to make a transition to a standard type of plug. I discovered it and then did a search on here and it seems a few people have done the same.

Here you are:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?156917-using-rear-screen-as-aerial-help-me-please/page2&highlight=aerial+glass

Edited by Shane
Added link and typo (see edit history)

yup. have a honda civic aerial on mine... tried sharks fin but it was poo...

Dont suppose you've got a decent pic of it, had a look in your garage but none show the aerial very well

I've had a search and found one amplified bee sting for £23 which seems very cheap

My MR2 has an aerial in it's windscreen, but have never bothered removed the original to use it.

Not sure about te Sup, but I like the look of the stubby aerial fitted!?

If you go ahead with this DNK you should take loads of pic and write a how to though.:thumbs:

I shall fit one just depends where, if i can get it in the tailgate washer jet hole and it looks ok then it'll

save me drilling a hole in the roof :blink: and getting the headlining down

Dont suppose you've got a decent pic of it, had a look in your garage but none show the aerial very well

I've had a search and found one amplified bee sting for £23 which seems very cheap

I'll take a photo over the weekend... IF you go for a honda aerial, go for a second hand as there outrageosuly expensive!