The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Clutch pressure plate failing?

Guest inthemix

Guest inthemix

Hi everyone,

I had the dealer install a Centerforce DF clutch and Fidanza flywheel about 10k miles ago. Recently, the clutch gets stuck to the floor on SOME occasions and I need to pull it back with my foot and everything is a go again until the thing does it again. This happens randomly. Shifts great otherwise, just an occasional stuck to the floor problem when getting it into gear or shifting. I was told it may be a master/slave cylinder issue, but it may also by a bad pressure plate in my opinion. Anyone else experienced this? If so, what was the problem? Thanks!

Guest inthemix

Thanks for the feedback bud! I have posted this same question in the tech dept. as well. I called my mechanic today (SP Engineering) and they said it may be a cylinder issue as well. Do they need to take the clutch/flywheel assembly apart to actually determine if it is simply a cylinder issue or can they confirm the problem by other means if it is in fact the cylinder? Thanks in advance...