The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Is this a repost? CAR magazine suggest a new Supra maybe on the cards?

Chris Wilson

If you weren't a mod I'd go tell you to sit in the corner until you retract that horrible statement of a possibility. Next it'd have a diesel option (I'd only accept that if they were entering it in the LM 24h)

Also, get familiar with this car because it's coming soon to a track near you. Normal power to start with, then when the hybrid modules come down in price a bit we'll be able to play F1 driver with our very own 80bhp of KERS :)

Sounds promising! Dont think it'd be able to compete with the GTR tho... but wouldn't be surprised if a lot of the tech from the LF-A drifted down into the Supra.

That car on the Pistonheads page is so close to my reg ... give or take a few letters - I'm starting to wonder if it is my car lol!

I'm not sure whether it's a good thing or not!? If built correctly and with the same vigour as the mkiv then I'd be all for it, but if it's built and is a complete flop, then all it will do is tarnish the Supra name! Let's face it, besides the insanely priced LFA Toyota hasnt produced a decent sports car since 2002!

Well if this is anything to go off then I think the prospects are good.

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2011/07/toyota-ft-86-scion-fr-s-exciting-new-details.html

I quite like the direction Toyota are taking once more and even catering for tuners!

Stunning! :drool: That rear is gorgeous. Just like the original. ;)

I wonder if there'll be a body kit available to make your mkiv look like the FT-86, as it should be possible. That'll get people talking. :)

• 2 weeks later...