The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Radiator/OEM aerial questions

Guest BradD

Hi guys, I'm in need of a new radiator as mine is all rusty and is leaking coolant, but not sure whether its worth getting a OEM one off ebay or from toyota or something or if I should buy an aftermarket aluminium one? And what sort of prices should i be looking at, and if anyone has tried one if it is any better or lower quality etc. I have had an offer of £95 for a new OEM one but it seems a little pricey with after market aluminium ones being around £100-£150. And does anyone know if there is any variation between the Turbo and Non-Turbo ones or auto/manual?

Also i am interested if anyone has one hanging around, I'm after an Automatic, OEM or Aftermarket aly, new or used in good con depending on price.

Also been looking around for an OEM aerial for a bit now and have found a replacement and was wondering if anyone has tried them?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ELECTRIC-CAR-ANTENNA-TOYOTA-SUPRA-1986-1996-/360395319417?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item53e93c2879#ht_10333wt_1344

They are listed for a few different cars, but i think its just a different gromet or rubber piece which sits over the rear quarter panel, which is different for other cars.

Does anyone know if this would be suitable or whether its a straight fit, or just cheap quality rubbish?

Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks Brad

Edited by BradD (see edit history)

£95 for a new OEM one? Try about £300.... if that's an OEM snap it up at that price. Auto have an additional cooler.

iirc my replacement OEM TT Auto rad from Toyota direct was at least north of £250, with a 20% discount and they also are on an exchange basis - i.e. they want your old one back.